What Exhaust To Get??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What Exhaust To Get???

kshicks

Reaction score
City, State
Inner-City Detroit (USAF stationed in Germany)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello, I got an 02 Explorer XLT V8 with the K&N FIPK Intake System and an incoming Trick Flow throttle body. What would you recommend to be a good exhaust system and where I could get it from for the best price. I want it to growl when I get on it, I want to be able to hear is purring at idle. I don't want it to sound light a Civic's coffee can or to sound as loud as a monster truck. What do you guys recommend??? Please help!!!:cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have dual chamber 2 flowmasters on my 01 sport and it sounds loud and mean. A lot of people think i have a V-8. But i tell them its a 6 cylinder and they are suprised.

gibson side swept is pretty good, easy to install and sounds good, not too loud and not quiet. definately noticeable. plus increase mpg after changing out stock exhaust.

autoanything.com has good prices and usually free shipping. I get emails from them all the time giving free shipping and 10% off.

I have an 04 with the 4.6 in it. I put a 40 series flowmaster exhuast on mine, sounds sweet too. Very mean and aggressive sounding. I would suggest getting one of those. I just did a single flowmaster and had it come out the side by the back tire.
000_0304.jpg

000_0301.jpg

asimp u got a sound clip of ur exhaust.

I have dual chamber 2 flowmasters on my 01 sport and it sounds loud and mean. A lot of people think i have a V-8. But i tell them its a 6 cylinder and they are suprised.

dude if u could send a sound clip itd be awesome... im running a cheapass cherrybomb glasspack cuz it was 20 bux and its not too bad but i was considering flow duals or a single flow... my friend has a 3.8 v6 camaro and that thing sounds like an 8... im thinkin the 4.0 would be deeper

i used to have a sound clip of it but my comp had a virus so it deleted the sound clip. But one of these days i'll try to get a sound clip of the flows for ya.

I paid 490 bucks for my flowmasters.

asimp u got a sound clip of ur exhaust.

I don't have a sound clip, but believe me it sounds AWESOME! Everyone loves it. But I also have a V8, it should sound good!

thats cool asimp my sport is a V-6 but wiith my dual flowmasters it sounds like an 8

are the imco mufflers all that loud it can get one installed for 100$

The total price on my flowmaster was $100. That included install. Although I paid an xtra $30 for the exhaust tip. So it actually came out to $130

I have an 04 with the 4.6 in it. I put a 40 series flowmaster exhuast on mine, sounds sweet too. Very mean and aggressive sounding. I would suggest getting one of those. I just did a single flowmaster and had it come out the side by the back tire.
000_0304.jpg

000_0301.jpg

Did you just get the mufflers or did you do the catback exhuast??

I have a 4.0 with a Super 40. Sounds just like a V-8. A vid of the sound is in my signature.

Take a look.

Just the muffler

I have a 4.0 with a Super 40. Sounds just like a V-8. A vid of the sound is in my signature.

Take a look.

i tried to click the link to ur soundclip and it didnt go thru.. maybe its because myspace messes up all the time anyway but i am DYING to hear a 4.0 with an aftermarket muffler... if u can solve my problem i will be more than happy

sorry man its still not working... i click it and it takes me to a video search page

figures man, form what i can tell, it might be a myspace error, or it might be somehting on your end, my best guess would be to try it on another computer, fomr mine, it works just fine.

good luck man

no problem man i went to pepboys today and got a 40 series... its not too shabby... i dont have a pipe going to the end but i did a turndown tip... gas mileage improved by about 2 or 3 and my acceleration is a tad quicker... 8.5 second 0-60... my cherrybomb was close to this but it just sounds so much deeper with a muffler... rite now its ear-piercingly loud but my friend told me it quiets down a bit once the carbon builds up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea it'lll get a little quiter as time goes on. Mine is always loud due to a lack of cats and restirction, lol.

I wish i could pull an 8.5 0-60, right now, im lucky if i get a 10 on a good day.

bu then again mine is also 16 years old!

Back