Whats on this X? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whats on this X?

Okay, so I have my X. It's my first car as I'm 16. I've done some work already. Nothing crazy just changing the radiator because it leaks, TT, and thats about it. I'm looking to completely transform it into a pre-runner. So could anyone give me at least a rough idea of whats been done to this truck. The picture is from the fiberwerx website.
timthumb_zps68290c1e.jpg

thanks in advanced,
Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Long travel TTB front end, coil overs, fiber glass fenders/hood, and I'm sure theres more. If you're looking into desert racing, look on those forums. They'll be able to help ya out more.

FYI, pre runners are EXPENSIVE. Unless your parents hand you cash in stacks of $100 bills. It aint happening. Sorry man, just telling you. Takes money to go 100+mph over whoops

thanks, and yeah i know. My dads been into off road and got me into it. He had a class 9 car. Small simple car cost him A LOT. And im not too worried about price, because im not trying to do this all at once. That would be insane haha. But over time, when i have a job and can just spend my whole check on this truck.

no don't go with Dixon bros. The BTF Ford kits are way better and way more affordable. Plus BTF customer service is the best compared to Dixon. Its real hard to get ahold of Dixon anymore. BTF is always by their phone.

That Explorer your looking at is an older generation. Notice it doesn't have a-arms like ours does. Before I went with just fiberglass fenders I wanted that one piece conversion but the clip, installation, and paint will have you close to $2000.00 just for the front fiberglass which does nothing for the performance. So I bought fiberglass fenders and spent the rest of the money to make my long travel kit better.

If your dad is into offroad like you say then one of the first things you are gonna want to do is go long travel on the front end and get rid of those dam torsion bars but get the long travel from BTF that comes with the fully built 2wd danna 44 spindles those spindles will last you forever. That is exactly what I am having built for me by BTF. I just recently snapped a spindle after a day of offroading with the wife glad the damn tire fell off as I pulled away from the red light and not on the freeway I was about to get on.

If you really want to do a fully built prerunner explorer then you are gonna want to stay in touch with either Danwaters, Ranger242, Carlover,sirhk100 or Mrhobby100 (myself) we are the few people on here regularly that are either building or have built a fully done prerunner explorer.

Back