What's your status? | Page 41 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Ordered 8/10
Sticker: 8/26
Build date: 8/31

Limited w/301a, polished rims, 2nd row, and DVD.
Ingot silver/Lt stone

-- Lee

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have a great weekend guys, Cory thanks, I,ll PM you Tuesday for an update.

6/17: Ordered
7/21: VIN (via Cory)
8/10: Window Sticker
8/16: Build Date per window sticker
8/26: Delivered to Dealer
Pickin' it up next week sometime!!!!!!!! woohoo

2012 Limited White Platinum 302A with Tow/Moonroof/DVD/20" Polished Wheels/Mud Guards

Window sticker available!

My timeline looks as follows so far:

7/11 - Ordered
8/17 - VIN (from Cory)
8/27 - Window sticker available
9/2 - Build date (from window sticker)
9/26 - ETA at dealer (dealer provided)
9/28 - Pickup! (my guesstimate)

Last edited:

It's here!

deleted

Last edited:

It's here!

My X was delivered to the dealer last evening! I got to drive it this morning and will be picking it up on Monday. :D:D:D:D:D

Ordered: 6/24
VIN: 7/21
Window Sticker: 8/6
Build: 8/12
At Dealer: 8/26

2012 Limited, 301A, Golden Bronze/Med Light Stone, rear bucket seats and console, tow package, moonroof, mud guards.

Cory - I can't thank you enough for all of the information that you provided throughout the waiting period!

My phone takes really crappy pictures. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lasiklens/sets/72157627407082797/

How do you find the build date or any info on your Explorer orders. I'm lost!!! all I have is an order number from the dealer, and they are impossible to reach.

ordered on 7/18/11

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

If you provide the dealer information and order number to Cory (FordCustSrvc), he can keep you informed about your order. He was the one who provided me with my VIN number. Once you have a VIN number, you can check for your window sticker online using the VIN and this URL:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

(Just add your VIN to the end of the above URL.)

Once your window sticker appears, your build date can be found on the window sticker at the top left.

Hope that helps,
David

How do you find the build date or any info on your Explorer orders. I'm lost!!! all I have is an order number from the dealer, and they are impossible to reach.

ordered on 7/18/11

Jorge

Thanks Cory for the updates! I picked my EX up this morning and took a little road trip.

Order: 7/11/11
VIN: 8/12/11
Build: 8/18/11
ETA: 8/30/11
Arrived: 8/26/11
Picked up: 8/27/11

Loving it! Limited FWD, Met. Platinum White, 301A, BLIS, Towing.

Bobby, congrats, post some pics when you get a chance, I have almost the same ordered, due Sept 1, but with the pecan interior. Polter congrats post some pics when you get a chance, also remember to post in the Stock section your review, cant wait to here what you both think of the x.

PnJ

Have a great weekend guys, Cory thanks, I,ll PM you Tuesday for an update.
Spengracin,
That will be perfect. :) I hope you had a great weekend!

Cory - I can't thank you enough for all of the information that you provided throughout the waiting period!
houtzb,
You’re welcome! Thanks for the pictures; it’s gorgeous!

Hi Jorge,

If you provide the dealer information and order number to Cory (FordCustSrvc), he can keep you informed about your order. He was the one who provided me with my VIN number...
Thanks for the recommendation, dmikulin. You took the words right out of my mouth. ;)

Hey everyone,
I’m glad I can keep you up to date with your order’s latest status. Check in whenever you’d like another update. :)

Cory

Finally got my 2012 Limited!

2012 Limited 4WD 300A with tow package
Dark Pearl Blue Metalic
LT Stone interior

Ordered: 5/25
VIN: 7/26
Built: 8/18
Delivered to dealer: 8/25

Explorer is in!!!!!!!

just wanted to give a big SHOUT OUT to Cory for keeping me and everyone else posted on our orders. What a great help!!

Our new explorer was picked up yesterday 8/29/11 and so far we LOVE it..
what a nice family ride!!! I only have one pic up so far but will post more when my wife decides to bring it back home from work.........

Ordered June 20, 2011 ----> Picked up August 29, 2011

2012 X limited in white platinum metallic, 4wd, tow, 302A pkg, moonroof, dvd

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66968179@N04/6096602241/

:D

just wanted to give a big SHOUT OUT to Cory for keeping me and everyone else posted on our orders. What a great help!!

what a nice family ride!!! I only have one pic up so far but will post more when my wife decides to bring it back home from work.........

Ordered June 20, 2011 ----> Picked up August 29, 2011

2012 X limited in white platinum metallic, 4wd, tow, 302A pkg, moonroof, dvd

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66968179@N04/6096602241/

:D

Nice! Enjoy it, love mine so far...welcome to the club.

what a nice family ride!!! I only have one pic up so far but will post more when my wife decides to bring it back home from work...
No, no, no… Thank you, bobby299! :D

That’s one awesome “family” ride. ;) I love the pic, and hopefully we’ll get to see more soon!

Cory

Ordered 7/22
VIN: 8/26
Build date: 9/12
ETA Week: 9/26

2012 Limited White Platinum/Stone 4WD 302A with Tow

Bobby299 - what a sweet ride, looks like we ordered the same vehicle (minus the DVD), can't wait to get mine this week! Keep us posted on your Ex review, as you get use to it. Order my new antenna today, so in a few weeks it should be here. Enjoy, and yes COry keeps us motivated and excited about our orders, great job as always :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally, my window sticker showed up today...Yay! :thumbsup:

So, here's the story:
2012 LTD AWD, Sterling gray ext, pecan int, 302A, 2nd row buckets, dual moonroof, tow pckg.

06/25 = ordered
07/26 = VIN (121xx)
08/11 = window sticker
08/17 = build date
08/26 = Delivery
08/27= pick up

No word from dealer yet, I suspect a late August delivery.

Oh, and as a side note...I noticed on my window sticker that they (ford or dealer) threw in a engine block heater free of charge. I was wondering if anyone else got this. I couldn't find any info about it on ford's website, it's not mentioned as an option. Anyhow, it was a nice surprise and I'll gladly take it!! :)

So, our X was delivered friday and picked up on Saturday. So nice!!!

Sorry, I don't have pics yet. I've been working for 9 days straight and haven't played much with the truck yet. My wife will be driving it most of the time.

Cory,
Big thanks to you for keeping me posted on my order status, you ROCK! :salute:

Back