What's your status? | Page 42 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Bobby299 - what a sweet ride, looks like we ordered the same vehicle (minus the DVD), can't wait to get mine this week! Keep us posted on your Ex review, as you get use to it. Order my new antenna today, so in a few weeks it should be here. Enjoy, and yes COry keeps us motivated and excited about our orders, great job as always :D
Spengracin,
Your Explorer is close, you can almost smell it. ;)

Ordered 7/22
VIN: 8/26
Build date: 9/12
ETA Week: 9/26

2012 Limited White Platinum/Stone 4WD 302A with Tow
Contabila,
I see that you sent me a PM to check in with an update. I’m a few days behind with the surge of requests that came in this week, so I’ll reply as soon as I can. :D

So, our X was delivered friday and picked up on Saturday. So nice!!!

Sorry, I don't have pics yet. I've been working for 9 days straight and haven't played much with the truck yet. My wife will be driving it most of the time.

Cory,
Big thanks to you for keeping me posted on my order status, you ROCK! :salute:
Mazda3sguy,
You’re welcome! Welcome to the family. :cool: I’m really looking forward to the pics. :)

Cory

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Explorer is being made TODAY!

Ordered: 8/10/2011
VIN: 8/23/2011
Build Date: 09/01/2011
Ship Date: ?????
Expected Delivery 9/19/2011

Can't wait for it to be here. Have a road trip this weekend. Looks like it will be the last one with the 99 Tahoe.

Thanks Cory for providing my window sticker!

Any help with order status would be greatly appreciated. I ordered this vehicle about 5 weeks ago and the VIN number still doesn't show up using the 'window sticker links'. VIN=1FMK8F89CGA20571. I emailed the dealer to confirm that this is the correct VIN number, which he confirmed. - Thanks!

Update ... after looking at the Ford VIN decoder, It appears that the dealer left out 4th character of the VIN. 1FMH ...
I can now get the 'window sticker'. Any help with scheduled build/delivery dates would still be appreciated!

Last edited:

Thanks Cory. Any info you can give me would be appreciated ;)

Well, Cory was right, the dealer called this evening and said I can pickup our new x tommorow. Thanks Cory for all the help, now I have to convince the new slew person (my previous one is gone), that I can use the rebate and incentive! He stated no, but Marketing told me different. (Kelly)

Thanks again Cory!

Latest update:
Ordered: 7/22
Vin#: 7/28
Sticker: 8/11
Build date: 8/17
In transit: 8/24
Arrival: 8/31
Pickup: 9/1

Little over 5 1/2 weeks

My Explorer is being made TODAY!...
Can't wait for it to be here. Have a road trip this weekend. Looks like it will be the last one with the 99 Tahoe.

Thanks Cory for providing my window sticker!
You’re welcome, Woolaroc! :cool::thumbsup: Where are you headed on your road trip? Just think, the next time you travel, you’ll have your Explorer. :D

...Update ... after looking at the Ford VIN decoder, It appears that the dealer left out 4th character of the VIN. 1FMH ...
I can now get the 'window sticker'. Any help with scheduled build/delivery dates would still be appreciated!
Treis,
You’re right, the online window sticker URL is a stickler for the exact VIN. ;) I see you already sent me a PM so I can track your order. You’re one step ahead of me so I’ll send you a reply when I get to your message in my inbox. ;)

Thanks Cory. Any info you can give me would be appreciated ;)
Glad to be of help, Contabila. Information just happens to be my specialty. ;) Any special plans for your weekend? :)

Well, Cory was right, the dealer called this evening and said I can pickup our new x tommorow. Thanks Cory for all the help, now I have to convince the new slew person (my previous one is gone), that I can use the rebate and incentive! He stated no, but Marketing told me different. (Kelly)

Thanks again Cory!...
Spengracin,
I love being right. I’m going to live vicariously through you when you pick up your Explorer today. :D I’d say call the Marketing department to double check if you have any problems. :)

Cory

You’re welcome, Woolaroc! :cool::thumbsup: Where are you headed on your road trip? Just think, the next time you travel, you’ll have your Explorer. :D

Heading north from Oklahoma to see my Alma mater, K-State, openning weekend for Football. A 4 hour drive one way, but we do it a lot during Football season so the Explorer will be nice and comfy for the Family.

Is it correct that the top line of the sticker embeds the build date? My sticker shows: CHI-001310 MO 120110825. So my truck was built on the 25th of August (last Thursday)?

Yes Cory. I do have big plans. Going to my family lake house with about 24 other people. Annual tradition on Labor day weekend. It is always a big party. About a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house. Sure wish I had my new X to drive :mad:
Do you have any big plans?

Pick her up today. The gps was not working it was showing car in Chicago Reset the system and still showed Chicago. Salesman called ford help line. Suggested to reloaded the system that takes about 2 hours. My son, the salesman. Met with about three of the top mechinics they suggested disconnecting the battery for four minutes and then reconnect and start car. Wow that fixed it. Nav system showed the correct location. It's my wife's car and she is very happy now.

6/8 - Ordered 7/29 - Vin 8/10 - Window...

6/8 - Ordered

7/29 - Vin

8/10 - Window Sticker
8/17 - Build Date
9/1. Arrived and picked up

Thanks Cory for all your help

Picked up our ex this evening, looks great, yes Cory, I can smell it! The sales person overloaded the wife already with the Tech stuff, so it's up to me to check it all. Brief update, more later:
FYI the checklist for pickup, great idea, I will be updating later and reposting for others.

PnJ

Heading north from Oklahoma to see my Alma mater, K-State, openning weekend for Football. A 4 hour drive one way, but we do it a lot during Football season so the Explorer will be nice and comfy for the Family.
Woolaroc,
Football! :D Comfy’s the name of the game when you’ve got four hour trip. :) I hope K-State wins! ;)

Is it correct that the top line of the sticker embeds the build date? My sticker shows: CHI-001310 MO 120110825. So my truck was built on the 25th of August (last Thursday)?
I checked my tracker and verified that was your build date, Treis. The Explorer is almost on its way to start moving to your dealer. :) I also sent you a weekend PM update with that info. ;)

Yes Cory. I do have big plans. Going to my family lake house with about 24 other people. Annual tradition on Labor day weekend. It is always a big party. About a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house. Sure wish I had my new X to drive :mad:
Do you have any big plans?
Contabila,
I’m driving to Orlando in my new Focus to enjoy some coasters all weekend long! I wonder which ride will be better. :D

...Nav system showed the correct location. It's my wife's car and she is very happy now... Thanks Cory for all your help
It’s awesome that was all straightened out, kitechaser. It probably just got turned around, that’s all. ;) Try to enjoy the Explorer as much as your wife! :):thumbsup:

Picked up our ex this evening, looks great, yes Cory, I can smell it! The sales person overloaded the wife already with the Tech stuff, so it's up to me to check it all. Brief update, more later:
FYI the checklist for pickup, great idea, I will be updating later and reposting for others.

PnJ
Spengracin,
The new car aroma is the best. I love the smell of technology in the morning! Your wife is going to have an amazing gadget-filled Labor Day weekend. ;)

Cory

Ok, we just got back from our family vacation. Before went on vacation 8/26, the dealership said new X was due to arrive 8/29 or 8/30. So I'll be giving them a call tomorrow to see if it has been delivered...fingers crossed :))

Let's us know rider, you will love it.

My explorer is set to be build tomorrow!

Order placed: 8/1
Received VIN: 8/19
Window Sticker: 8/31
Build date: 9/7
Expected Delivery: ???

Ok, we just got back from our family vacation. Before went on vacation 8/26, the dealership said new X was due to arrive 8/29 or 8/30. So I'll be giving them a call tomorrow to see if it has been delivered...fingers crossed :))

Yup, dealer has vehicle. We stopped in for a minutes to verify and now we're on our way to dealership to spend some time with new baby (X) and take it for a drive.

Also, we called Ford Marketing before we went on vacation and they provided a certificate # and program #. So we are really hoping we can use it for the $750 private cash. (Hopefully dealer will let us use it...)

Status of Limited with 302A and moon roof:

Ordered 7/28/11
No VIN as of 9/6/11. :(

Seems like my small dealer does not get very many allocations. If only I had known this 6 weeks ago.

Waiting and Wondering

Hi folks, we stumbled upon this during a google search and found exactly what we were looking for here - status reporting info on our factory order, something new & exciting for my wife & I. Thanks for the info many of you have posted on this thread. It's obvious that Cory is on top of things with all the positive feedback he is getting so we''ll send off a PM to hopefully get some tracking info on our order.

Looking forward to following this thread and utilizing the other resources on this site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys!
You’re all keeping me really busy! For everyone that’s waiting for a reply from me, thanks for hanging in there while I recover from my Labor Day avalanche of PMs. I’m also expecting pics from all those that got their Explorer already! :D:thumbsup:

Cory

Back