• Register Today It's free!

wheel spacers

Tarpman

Reaction score
City, State
Escalon, CA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Explorer XLT 4.0
Does anyone know where I can get wheel spacers to kick out the wheels to at least even with the black fender ext.. And are they safe or hard on the wheel bearings and hubs? Already replaced one, don't want to again too soon(easy, but expensive)

Does anyone know where I can get wheel spacers to kick out the wheels to at least even with the black fender ext.. And are they safe or hard on the wheel bearings and hubs? Already replaced one, don't want to again too soon(easy, but expensive)

I know you can get them on ebay in several different sizes, just look up "explorer wheel spacers". They have hub centric ones, that are "supposedly" easier on the truck. 1", 1.5" and 2" They normally sell them by the pair.

Hope that helps

Ben

I got a set of the 1" hubcentric ones from US eBay. Cost me around US$100 for 4, plus the same again in postage. Much cheaper than AUD$125 per corner they are here.

You MUST get the hub centric ones though, otherwise only your wheel nuts are carrying the load, and wheel nuts are not designed for that load (that's what the hub is for).

Here's a link to the seller I bought mine from.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=270238195138

Oh, and while you could go 2" spacers, they would stick out of the guards. If you are using stock 16" or 17" rims, I would suggest 1.5". The 1" ones will work nicely with the 17s, but not with the 16s ; at least not without some modification to either the rim - which is what I did - or the wheel nuts, which others have done, but I personally don't recommend.

Back