• Register Today It's free!

Which AAL is better

WILL

Reaction score
City, State
Alsip, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT SOHC
I have heard many things in regards to add a leaf. I have heard about OME, SKYJACKER, and Explorer pro comp. What is this about S-curves in springs? I am looking to get rid of the sag. I am thinking AAL+WAR. I want to get opinions and +- about all of the above. I get so many conflicting ideas when doing a search I am going crazy!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sure the pro comp alone will solve the sag and add an extra inch or so. I don't know anything about the others, so I can't help ya.

If it is just sag you want to eliminate then get the Warrior shackles. But with those alone the bac will sit higher than the front. So you may be better off getting spacers for the front as well.

I would not recommend the Pro-Comp add-a-leaf. It is not a full length leaf (its like 36" or so) and so, although it gives you .75" - 1" to begin with, the leaf pack will start sagging at the ends where the add-a-leaf isn't helping, thus giving your leaf the 'S' shape. I haven't even had mine on 10 months and am debating buying new aftermarket leaf packs, because my stock leaf-packs are so bad now (keep in mind this is on a 2000 too).

S-shape, I was told that there were two different lengths long and short. Do the long ones do the s curve? I am looking for the most increase in stiffness. According to the tech people at desert rat the shorter ones are stiffer than the longer ones.

I am doin it I am getting the rancho aal's I will have to keep u all informed

Back