Whoops!! Bent my leaf spring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whoops!! Bent my leaf spring

Whoops!! Bent my leaf spring and busted my driveshaft

:rolleyes:
71bentspring-med.jpg

:rolleyes:
loscoyotes_9_02_026.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How the hell did you do that?

Not exactly sure. I thought it happened at the same time I broke the driveshaft, but after looking at the video I don't think that was it.

And the collection grows.....

Hey that U joint is still good! hahahahaha!!!

The Rancho lift springs for an Explorer I have seen look very familiar to those.......
You can have mine! hahahahaha They are 4 door Explorer springs with the short and long Stupidlift ad a leafs in them......

My 4" Skyjackers go on soon...

LOL, none of them are stock. It's a spring pack made by National. They use a ton of thin leaves which gives you good flex, and good ride quality.

This pack was originally on Paul Bredehofts Explorer as a 5.5" spring under axle setup. I took out 3 leaves (yep I actually took some out) and use it as a SOA on my truck. They were a bit sagged out and not producing 5.5" for Paul anymore, that's why he gave them to me. I have no clue what my actual lift is now. I would have to measure the frame against a stock Explorer.

You stillhave a frame? hahahahaha Just kidding....
How many driveshafts is that now?

Rick, that looks almost exactly like where I bent mine, and I'm not sure where I bent mine either... it was after the zimmerman mod though.

That makes one busted yoke, one busted u-joint, one busted flange and one bent shaft.

Oh BTW, I had them replace the the 1310 with a 1350. Bigger, beefier:D

Yes mine have been "upgraded as well, both front and rear shafts are custom and use 1350 Spicers. No problems to date, they appearto be tough as nails, especially on a BII, I have beat the crapola out of them and nothing happens (so far). :)

Rick,
Where's the video? You convert it yet? I want to see the carnage in action..

~Mark

So I guess this means its time to 4-link the rear?

I have seen the video and OH MY GOD it is loud!

Dead Link Removed

U-joint snapping video by Tom Davis

LOL, that vid is kinda funny!

Go Baby SNAP! ......ohhhhhhhh

(****)

Gotta love it!!!!!

Carnage is a good thing.:D

It just goes to show that even the Great Pumpkin isn't bulletproof......yet:D That video is classic though, short and sweet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

where is the video of the driveshaft breaking?

Back