Why quicksand is bad! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why quicksand is bad!

Whoops! This was from our trip to Moab. More pics here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=686297#post686297

2 hours of digging, 10 miles of walking, 1 day, and $560 dollars later... I'm out!

Which one of these should I submit to 4 Wheeler? :D

Moab03_0049-A.jpg

Moab03_0048-A.jpg

Moab03_0047-A.jpg

Moab03_0046-A.jpg

Moab03_0041-A.jpg

Moab03_0037-A.jpg

Moab03_0033-A.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like you guys had fun

Glad you got out ok though...

Originally posted by ahhjaws
Which one of these should I submit to 4 Wheeler? :D
Send this one in:
Moab03_0041-A.jpg

:)

Boy you got those up fast since we only saw you about an hour ago.
Yes I would say you did get stuck.

Boy thank god for high lift jacks. I don't wheel but if there is one thing I know these are indispensable. Great pics by the way looks like a ton of work and more fun than most could handle.

nice stuck.... thats a lot more venerable than my stuck in my avatar picture.....

Nice. I agree with Dejello, send that front end pic in....

Moab03_0047-A.jpg

I like this one. Looks more exotic with the plants and all. Like you might be stuck in the Amazon or something.

Re: Re: Why quicksand is bad!

Originally posted by DarkMan

I like this one. Looks more exotic with the plants and all. Like you might be stuck in the Amazon or something.
I agree with Darkman. Especially not being able to any sign of that rear tire helps. :D

Well, you're gonna say you're in Moab when you write about it anyway so I'd pick the other pic (Dejello's choice). They're both great pics though. That's one tough stuck. I'll bet that red dirt stains like a m****rf****r!

no one there to pull you out?:nono:

i hope you didnt go wheeling with one truck

HEHE! I might have been the only truck. My friends was at the shop, and this trail was rated easy. It was just sand driving....unless it rains.

How does the $560 come into the story? That can't be how much it cost to tow you out, right??

You're a CarWash worst nightmare. LOL...:D

Go for this one, I say:

Moab03_0041-A.jpg

Originally posted by section525
How does the $560 come into the story? That can't be how much it cost to tow you out, right??

Yep, that was exactly how much it cost for the tow.:( Unfortunately the trail was 2 hours away from town, so I got charged for his travel there and back. It was about 4 hours of work, charging about $125 per hour, plus some other crap. Luckily, AAA paid $200 of it for me.:D

Couldn't that wussy bronco pull you out? I would have drove there and pulled you out for $500. When it rains in Moab or Junction, on my dirt bike or in my truck, I head for the pavement. It really sucks on a bike. You can go a mile or so then you have to stop because the mud sticks to your tires and they finally wont turn.

wow that is a bad stuck my vote is for this one
Moab03_0048-A.jpg

that is alot of money to be pulled out but I had a friend get stuck in Galveston, TX who paid 800 to get pulled out. He got his money worth though because it broke the frame of the tow truck :eek: :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Kirby N.
Couldn't that wussy bronco pull you out?

No, his was broken down in Moab. I was out there all by myself. He might have been able to pull me out. The tow truck driver said I was one of the worst he has seen for a little while.;)

Back