Window hatch leaking! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window hatch leaking!

V8Nation

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Supercharged '97 5.0 AWD
Howdy, everybody. This is my first post so I hope it'll be as helpful as everything else has been that I've read on this site. I have a '97 5.0 XLT Explorer. I've recently come to find that my rear hatch window is leaking from the top around the rubber seal. Living where I do, rain is a certain thing 9 months out of the year. So while this isn't a huge concern, there is a little water running down the inside of the window and I haven't been able to find any fixes for it other than jimmy-rigging it with window weather stripping. Is there anywhere I can get a replacement seal? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The window seal can be had from LMC truck:

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fex/t.aspx?Page=8

The hatch seal is just generic trunk lid weather striping and can be found at any auto parts store. Just cut off a small piece so you can match the profile.

:)

FR-425, thank you! I wasn't expecting that quick of help. Are you aware if the weather stripping for the sunroof is the same type of stripping on the hatch seal? Or if that can also be purchased at any auto parts store? I've noticed a very small leak around the edge of my sunroof.

Back