List of Useful Threads - wiring diagram | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

List of Useful Threads wiring diagram

There is no “high output” 5.0 that ever came in a mountaineer. There was a single motor option for the V8. Later models had the P heads, but there was nothing really special about them.
It's out of a mustang but it's been in 1998 mercury mountaineer for 6 years now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's out of a mustang but it's been in 1998 mercury mountaineer for 6 years now.
Then I wouldn’t really call it a “98 mountaineer high output” and “the 98” since it’s clearly not a mountaineer motor, nor is it from 1998.

Then I wouldn’t really call it a “98 mountaineer high output” and “the 98” since it’s clearly not a mountaineer motor, nor is it from 1998.
Well then what do you call it? Cause it's still 5.0 high output and I put gt40p heads aftermarket headers bigger injectors been ported. Came out of 1986 mustang now it's sitting in 2006 mercury mountaineer. Yeah it didn't come from dealer like that but it's sure Is mountaineer and it is for sure high output 5.0 it says rite on it.. Anyways I was only asking for wiring diagrams not a name for my SUV.. thanks anyways I figured it out myself.

Pictures?

Well then what do you call it? Cause it's still 5.0 high output and I put gt40p heads aftermarket headers bigger injectors been ported. Came out of 1986 mustang now it's sitting in 2006 mercury mountaineer. Yeah it didn't come from dealer like that but it's sure Is mountaineer and it is for sure high output 5.0 it says rite on it.. Anyways I was only asking for wiring diagrams not a name for my SUV.. thanks anyways I figured it out myself.
You’d think you’d have all the wiring for it sorted if it was already converted to the Mountaineer.

What kind of headers? What front dress is on the motor?

Would love to see some pictures of this as well.

And I would call it an old mustang motor that was transplanted into a 1998. Just like I wouldn’t consider it a High Output 2006 Mountaineer 5.0 currently, since that was also never a thing.

just a note: vic has not been on in a bit, since February. hope you get a response htough!

And I have the wiring diagrams for the '00 Explorer which should be good for the '99 to '01. The '96 to '98 have some changes to transmission wiring.

Let me know if I can help.
Explorer wiring diagram

Would still love to see some picture of this “high output” 5.0.

Back