• Register Today It's free!

WTB 01-05 Sport Trac Seats

Muleman36

Reaction score
City, State
Muleman36
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0 XLT
I am looking to spruce up the interior of my 97 a bit (and in the meantime, get some renewed lumbar support and adjustable headrests for my efforts).

I need grey interior seats with adjustable headrests.

Would prefer both driver and passenger be power, with electronic/pneumatic rocker switch controlled lumbar. (Since that's what my 97 already has.)

I passed on a set of 03 two tone adrenalin seats once and have regretted my lapse in judgement ever since.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The sport trac seats do not have air lumbar but they are available in power drivers or power both and also avail w heaters on both sides. You will need to run additional power and fuses for the power seat bases, your air lumbar power wires do not provide enough juice. I like to add the fuses to the factory fuse spots

Mazda b4000 seats had the air
Lumbar and side bolsters for many years
The Mazda seats can be very nice to have
98-11 ranger w bucket seats can be made to fit your 97 as well

I do not have any seats for sale they are super
Valuable around here because I put these trucks back on the road I need as many nice seats as I can get. We buy them from local wrecking yard for $40-60 each
I find late model sports and sport tracs usually have nice seats.

Sorry you passed on those Adrenalin seats!!
I have those two tone grey leathers power heated in my 03 trac they are the best seats of any of these 95-04 trucks imo

Have you tried eBay? Most good seats wind up there. Also Craigslist and Facebook market

Where are you in the country? This may help your search.

I also have a 01 7.3 excursion ;)

The sport trac seats do not have air lumbar
The '04 Sport Trac I bought in August has the leather/vinyl seats with adjustable headrests and power lumbar support on the driver's side. It doesn't work all that well, but it does help. I prefer the manual lumbar supports in the '97/98 Explorer seats that I swapped into my '01 and '02 Sport Tracs.

The sport trac seats do not have air lumbar but they are available in power drivers or power both and also avail w heaters on both sides. You will need to run additional power and fuses for the power seat bases, your air lumbar power wires do not provide enough juice. I like to add the fuses to the factory fuse spots

Mazda b4000 seats had the air
Lumbar and side bolsters for many years
The Mazda seats can be very nice to have
98-11 ranger w bucket seats can be made to fit your 97 as well

I do not have any seats for sale they are super
Valuable around here because I put these trucks back on the road I need as many nice seats as I can get. We buy them from local wrecking yard for $40-60 each
I find late model sports and sport tracs usually have nice seats.

Sorry you passed on those Adrenalin seats!!
I have those two tone grey leathers power heated in my 03 trac they are the best seats of any of these 95-04 trucks imo

Have you tried eBay? Most good seats wind up there. Also Craigslist and Facebook market

Where are you in the country? This may help your search.

I also have a 01 7.3 excursion ;)
I'm in south Central Missouri. The best luck I've had finding seats has been carparts.com. I just need to drive however far I need to go to get the next set I find.

I have found power lumbar Sport Trac seats though. Idk exactly which years, but they're out there.

Thanks again for the response.

(I also have a '00 7.3 excursion) You have good taste.

I need to go check my sport trax maybe I do have air lumbar and just forgot or missed the button! My drivers seat is power and passenger is manual slider

I’ll check and report back!

I don't know what prompted me to think of this, but if you swap Sport Trac or '01-'03 Explorer Sport seats into a Gen 2 4 door Explorer, or vice versa, be sure to get the vehicle to seat wiring plug/connector and a few inches of wire from the vehicle the seats come out of. As I recall, the wires are the same colors, but the connectors are different. That's true with several other connectors, too.

I checked our 03 trac indeed has air lumbar on both passenger and drivers side I missed it before!

I don't know what prompted me to think of this, but if you swap Sport Trac or '01-'03 Explorer Sport seats into a Gen 2 4 door Explorer, or vice versa, be sure to get the vehicle to seat wiring plug/connector and a few inches of wire from the vehicle the seats come out of. As I recall, the wires are the same colors, but the connectors are different. That's true with several other connectors, too.
Thank you. If I can't get wiring from the ST, I'll swap the plug from my 97's seats onto it. Glad to hear the wires might be the same color.

I have 01, 03 and 05 trac wiring books if info is needed I can take pics and post

I had this '04 for 2+ months before I discovered it had power lumbar, and I just confirmed both seats have it, not just the driver's side. I haven't tested the passenger seat to know if it works.

If the truck is running, I can't hear the motor for the lumbar, but I can hear it when the truck isn't running. I can't feel the bag fill with air whether I'm sitting in the seat or just have my hand pressed against it, but it does fill and hold air. It doesn't seem to release the air when I push the other end of the button, though. These seats (without lumbar support) feel to me like they curve away from my lower back, which I find uncomfortable and is the reason I swapped the original driver's seat in my '01 for the '98 Explorer seat. Since I discovered the button and pumped up the lumbar support, there's definitely a slight bulge there. It's lower than I'd like it, but it's better than nothing.

Back