WTF, kill the exterminator!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WTF, kill the exterminator!!

ok, so heres my story:
so i washed and waxed the explorer today. looks so nice and clean and shiny. but thats not the story. i went over to my church to help out with somthing. while im there im looking out the window at my nice clean car. this exterminator pulls up and parks next to it. nothing unusual, but im watching him. he stands a 12ft (or so) aluminum extension ladder against his truck. pretty much vertically. he goes to get some other stuff out of the truck, and i say to my friend, thats going to fall over. so while we're standing there, it falls over and...you guessed it, hits the side of my precious explorer!! so after thwarting the loud "****" That was coming out of my mouth, i went out there to inspect the damage. he's standing right there and pretends like he didnt see me. i rub the scratch he just put there and he walks away without saying a word. so he's up on a ladder now and as i walk by i yell up to him "ill send ya a bill" and promptly wrote down the phone # and his truck #. we'll see what the company has to say about that...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sucks!

good luck getting them to pay for that.. my gf's car got hit by a power truck and they would not pay ****

what? really? how can they not? ive got like 4 people who saw it happen, how can they deny it? i have no idea what their reaction will be, but ill keep yall posted.

Originally posted by Fish Man
. . . ive got like 4 people who saw it happen, how can they deny it? . . .

Hey Fish Man, remember the OJ trial?

Hey Fish Man, remember the OJ trial?
:p right. although no one actually saw him do it, right? and i dont think they'll hire johnny cochran to represent them either ;) well, not like it'll get that far anyway...

"If it doesn't fit, you must aquit"....Oh boy, that is one lucky S.O.B. :rolleyes:

That sucks. I would tell the company exactly where it happened too,at what time, so you have proof that you were even near his ladder....

You should file a police report,and make sure your witnesses give a statement:( Good luck

MAN!

I, unfortunetly, would have slugged him. :eek:

People never cease to amaze!:confused:

I wouldn't say Johnny Cochran is a lucky guy, I would, unfortunately, say he is a damn good lawyer. I would hope anyone is, though, that is upwards of $1,000/hr!!!

Wow, I can relate to this on many different levels...some people just don't have any respect for other people's things.

My latest example: I went to Kaufmann Tire yesterday to get a front alignment done. They said it would be no problem and it would be done within the hour. Well, after waiting about 20 minutes, the align. technician comes up to me and says "sorry, but our machine won't work with your wheels because the wheel lip is too big and because they are 20" wheels". I just said "okay, thats fine, I'll just go somewhere else" He tells me that if they attempt to do it, "the machine will scratch my wheels up pretty bad". So he gave me my keys and I went back to work. After exiting my explorer at work, I looked down at my front left wheels to notice a scratch on the lip that went all the way through the clear coat and into the raw aluminum. This had me pissed off the rest of my day at work. After getting off and getting home, I wrote a very long letter to the corporate office of Kaufmann Tire and I will call the local shop today too that damaged my wheel.

The last time a shop damaged my explorer (Goodyear)...they tried to deny a lot of the damages, so I ran across the street to Wal Mart, bought a camera, and took pictures of everything. Well....they ended up giving me a check for $1800 for everything that was damaged, all the way down to a small scratch on the window, which I damanded be replaced.

I guess I'm just one of these people that will NOT let other people take advantage of me...I never back down.

Fish Man - Just keep harassing them until you get results, don't give up.

didnt get the chance to call them today cause i had to work from 10 till 6, but maybe tomorrow or monday :(

excell- yeah, i dont know how i didnt...i guess i didnt think of that option...or maybe i'd have felt bad cause it was an old guy :p

02XSport- i remember hearing about your goodyear ordeal, glad to hear it turned out ok. im thinking if they'll just give me money ill forget about the scratch and spend it on other stuff. we'll have to see what they say. i can see how youd be pissed about those rims, especially considering the price and the fact that they said that they werent going to align it.

thanks for the advice everyone!

You saw him on the ladder and you didnt knock him down?

Three years ago a UPS driver dropped his hand truck thing on my bumper as he was taking it out of his truck. I didnt even realize that it happend and he told me that he hit my car with it and gave me a number to call to fill out a claim. The next day their insurance company came by and inspected the damage and i received full payment two days later to repaint my entire bumper. You might get lucky. If you saw him standing there ignoring you why didnt you make any comments to him? I find it hard to keep my mouth shut when things like that happen.

yeah, i didnt knock him down, i woulda felt bad breaking an old mans hip ;)
see, that ups guy was cool to you, i probably would have just been like nah, its ok if he had appologised to me and what not. but no, he had to be a dick and walk away like he didnt notice it. now i have to go make a big stink about it and get him fired...well, maybe not, but ya know. yeah, i dont konw why i didnt say anything to him, i wasnt really thinking, he walked away before i was done looking at the scratch too. bah, piece of crap. today my car was parked about 50 or 100 feet away from the store i work at and i looked out the window and could see the scratch. thats definatly not cool.

LOL! Old, female, under 18... it doesn't matter. If they mess with my wheels they better be wearing a hockey mask. :p :D

So how bad is the scratch?

I'm not sure who you were referring to, but my scratch is about a centimeter in length (not big) but it is VERY deep, all the way through the layers of clearcoat and into the aluminum. I spoke to a corporate representative today and I'm bringing it by the shop in about 15 mins to let them take a look at the damage. I'll let you all know how it goes.

my scratch isnt horrible, but it wont wax out, and i didnt put it there, therefore its gonna get fixed. well, or at least im going to complain to them aobut it.

yeah, I feel the same way, its not horrible, but it wasn't me that did it, and that is what angers me the most. I went to the shop today, and because of the email I wrote, the district manager drove a copy of the email over to the shop to hand it to the manager personally! I guess they really do take it seriously when you write letters to the corporate office. The manager kept saying "you should've called me first, we could have handled this whole thing without getting them (corporate) involved" Oh well, I know what it takes to get results. And of course after the manager looks at my wheel he says "thats such a small scratch, I don't see what the big deal is". Well, I don't care how big or small it is, its not my fault, so I'm not paying to have it fixed. They are going to contact me on Thursday to tell me what they can do.

glad to hear you got some results. i called today. the lady took down my info and put me on hold for a sec to "find out who was there" i told her the truck #. she came back again and said we're trying to find out who was there, we'll call you back. looks like ill be calling them back tomorrow, the next day, and the next day...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any results Fish Man? I was getting the run-around because they thought the scratch wasn't bad enough on my wheel to do anything about it....so I wrote another letter to the corporate office. And yesterday, they called me, and said they were ordering me a new wheel! I knew I'd get some results, I just had to be persistant.

Back