Yellowfords "Billie Goat" registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yellowfords "Billie Goat" registry

Finally making a registry for this Explorer hopefully the last new one I will make for a long time as the other two were sold. I'm calling her Billie since she's low and fat but likes to climb hills like crazy.

2000 Eddie Bauer
5.0 V8
265/70/16 Treadwright Guard Dog's
Oreilly Shackles
TT
1" body lift
4406 transfer case(currently without shift linkage)

Future Plans: (These change daily)
4.10 gears
33X10.50 BFG KM2's when the treadwrights wear out in a few years
tube bumpers
sliders
lockers front and rear

Who knows when these things will actually get done it sucks being a broke college student.

Picture time
stock as I saw it in the for sale ad on craigslist
black1.jpg

black2.jpg

black3.jpg

black4.jpg

When I bought it I knew there was something wrong with the front axle, so after tracking one down for $100 swapped it in and this is what was inside the old axle.
SANY0419-1.jpg

SANY0420-1.jpg
A completely trashed pinion

more pictures
Image001.jpg

Image000.jpg

Image017-1.jpg

Image016.jpg

Image015.jpg

SANY0431.jpg

SANY0432.jpg

The frost bite Explorerforum attendee's
SANY0434.jpg

And the mess she made at the car wash
Image001-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice eddie u got there

LIFT IT :hammer:

nice car I love blue EB ex's they look so pretty

It was fun watching this truck work in person. You drove it very well.

Thanks, man that seems like so much of a compliment as your a legend on here, it was great finally getting to meet more members from the board with wheelin time involved. You drove the big white beast pretty damn well out there too.

LIFT IT :hammer:

nice car I love blue EB ex's they look so pretty

Its going to get lifted more hopefully this summer when I won't be in class, already have a full time job lined up.

By the way its actually black with many scratches from trails with tree's everywhere.:p:

Got a line on a 4406, hopefully going to pick it up this weekend. To bad there's no shifter with it but good thing it has less than 50,000 miles on it.

Get to go pick up my 4406 for $150 tomorrow.:party: can't wait to get that in its going to be awesome with 2wd and 4low.

Mainly just because I like pictures figured I would add these then, now to just get all of the parts that go with it.
Image004.jpg

Image003.jpg

Parts still needed:
Rear Driveshaft(5.4 Expedition 4x4)
Front Driveshaft (4.6 F150/Expedition)
Shifter linkage

Hopefully I make enough money over spring break to at least get a rear driveshaft then can put it in and have 2wd and hopefully some better mpg on the highway. Just need to make sure I have 4wd in time for SMORR.

120 lbs big. I think the awd case is 75 lbs.

The shifter is the hard part to find. Focus on that.

It might be good to call around and let them know you want one so they don't torch em getting the transmissions out. I told a yard in Wichita I would give them 100 for one and he called back a few days later. Once they know it has value they may work around it for you.

I can't wait for SMORR:D

The driveshafts don't seem like they will be to hard to track down from looking on car-parts.com, just the shifter linkage.

120 lbs big. I think the awd case is 75 lbs.

The shifter is the hard part to find. Focus on that.

It might be good to call around and let them know you want one so they don't torch em getting the transmissions out. I told a yard in Wichita I would give them 100 for one and he called back a few days later. Once they know it has value they may work around it for you.

Oh goody a volunteer to help lift the case in:p:.

I actually saw an F150 at picknpull but someone beat me to all the shifter linkage, and the Expedition had a 4.6 it so guess I could have got my front shaft but stupid me got a parking ticket earlier in the day so that will get taken care of first. It will still be a few weeks before I can buy anymore stuff so then I can look around more. The good thing about being close to KC means alot of junk yards.

let me know if ya need any help at a yard here in KC im less than 30 mins away from downtown. nice ex btw. hope to see ya at SMORR.

After some recent wheeling this thing is going to avoid trails till it gets the 4406 transfer case, not having low is torturing my transmission and making it ridiculous to climb hills. But before it gets the case it needs a 1in body lift so I'm not beating the crap out of the body. Now if the summer would just hurry up and get here so I can make some money.

I'm going to make a list to keep myself on track to figure out what needs to be done before leaving for SMORR.

Need done
1 or 2 in body lift to clear transfer case
Install 4406
-driveshafts
-linkage
Transfer case skid plate
Fix gas tank skid plate
Matching size spare tire
Alignment
-tie rod
-possible ball joints
******* pack my rear leaf springs
Full tune up

Things I want done
Pull carpet and put down hurculiner
sliders
half door
flip hitch or something for the rear bumper
4.10 gears ( this one probably won't happen)
locker front or rear
swap out leather seats for cloth with bench seat up front

This seems like a huge list to complete before SMORR, but hopefully I can get a big chunk of it done and go down there to have some serious fun.

I've also figured out what I'm doing for the body lift.
10 of these should do
http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/1"+BIG+BLOCK/part_number=BB01/706.2.1.1.0.0.0.0.0?
The only thing that will need to be bought with the pucks is 2 120mm bolts.

Finally making a hint of progress, just ordered 10 of these
d5a8e7ceff311a5a9b6d676873cf67ae.jpg

The first step to getting my 4406 in, with only two finals left I can finally get back home and get some work done on this thing.

The body lift should be going on within the next few weeks as long as it shows up and the right bolts are available at the local hardware store.

The body lift should be going on within the next few weeks as long as it shows up and the right bolts are available at the local hardware store.

The front 2 bolts are an odd size. I found them at a John Deer dealership with a parts counter. I want to say 12m x 165mm, grade 10.9m (grade 8) was the size, but not 100%, its been awhile since I did it. I also used a big fender washer purchased there as well for the front 2.

They will have all the bolts available, if you want to get them there, but they are kinda expensive :rolleyes:

The front 2 bolts are an odd size. I found them at a John Deer dealership with a parts counter. I want to say 12m x 165mm, grade 10.9m (grade 8) was the size, but not 100%, its been awhile since I did it. I also used a big fender washer purchased there as well for the front 2.

They will have all the bolts available, if you want to get them there, but they are kinda expensive :rolleyes:

From the stuff I had read the front ones would be long enough for a 1in body lift, just the ones under the rear seats would need to be longer, guess I'll find out pretty soon. Luckily the local ace has a large selection of metric bolts, and there's a couple farm supply stores that have even more.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whoops, my bad. I was thinking 3" BL for some reason:banghead:

Ya, I wanted to be one of the few people running a 1" lol. This thing will never see bigger than a narrow 33in tire unless it gets SAS so it seemed like a good solution to me to clear the transfer case, have a better chance of mounting sliders and have a little more room in the wheel well for bigger tires eventually.

Back