Edge Products Evolution Programer for F-150? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Edge Products Evolution Programer for F-150?

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Anybody ever use there stuff? I've been looking at the Evolution Programer. It's about $400 bucks but I heard some say a increse of 3mpg:thumbsup: That's pretty impressive:eek: Plus you can control and monitor just about anything in the drivetrain:thumbsup:

and it matches the inside of the truck:thumbsup::thumbsup:

edge_evo_4_ftw.jpg

KEY FEATURES
• Gains of up to 35 HP and 50 Ft Torque
• Sleek Design Stays with the Vehicle as a State-of-the-Art Display
• Programs in minutes
• Ships with a Custom Designed Mounting Pod
• USB Updateable over the Internet
• Change Speed, Rev Limiters, Adjust Tire Size and Gear Ratio
• Display and Clear DTC Codes
• Improved Fuel Economy*
• Adjustable Color Screen

Your Evolution monitor allows you to monitor the performance of your engine’s vital engine components and output values. The following parameters can be displayed on the main Evolution screen (maximum 4 at one time):
• RPM
• MPH
• Engine Coolant Temp
• Engine Oil Temp
• Transmission Fluid Temp
• Cylinder Head Temp
• Air Intake Temp
• Line Pressure Control Desired
• Fuel Rail Pressure
• Output Shaft Speed
• Turbine Shaft Speed
• Manifold Air Flow
• Manifold Air Flow Sensor Voltage
• Variable Cam Timing Actual Advance
• Spark Advance
• Torque fuel/spark Limiting Status
• Fuel Economy
• Engine Load
• Accelerator Pedal Position
• Battery Voltage

That Evolution can sound an alert when certain engine parameter levels are met. The following alerts are available:
• Spark
• Engine Oil Temp
• Engine Coolant Temp
• Transmission Fluid Temp
• MPH
• RPM
• Cylinder Head Temperature

Keep track of your performance by recording maximum/minimum for a variety of parameters including:
• Max Engine Temp
• 0-60 times
• ¼ mile times
• Max RPM
• Max Speed
• Engine Coolant Temp
• Engine Oil Temp
• Transmission Fuel Temp
• Cylinder Head Temp
• Air Intake Temp

Custom Options:
• Customized Shifting
• Adjustable Speed and Rev Limiters
• Speedometer Correction
• WOT Fuel Adjustments
• Adjustable Backlit Color
• Adjustable Idle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump... Nowbody?:confused:

Don't know much about it myself but they seem pretty reputable according to the diesel guys. It's nice that monitors all the engine vitals especially the tranny temp for those of us towing:D
My first performance mods will be intake and exhaust later on down the road. The muffler is super huge on my truck but i'll live with it for now.

Not yet, just wishful thinking for now;)

So it looks like I sold the trailer... I 'll pick up another one in fall, after I buy a house. But the trailer was a gift, so now I need to replace it with a smaller gift for now:D

So as soon as the trailer is gone I will order one of these;)

WOW!!!!:eek:

That's all I can say.. It's like a totally different truck.

I was going up kellogg hill the other day witing for the truck to down shift as I passed a car...:rolleyes: It just would not shift:mad: Well that's all different now:D

On level 1 (which is just a trans shift point change) it now throws you into the back seat when you punch it.

and on Level 2 (trans shift, timing advance, and some other stuff)... you'll be in the bed when giving it gas...

I can't imagine level 3:confused: Which requires Premium gas.

I will start testing mileage tommorow when I fill up;)

Then I can't wait till my Gibson Exhaust gets here next week:D:thumbsup:

SAWEEET! thanks for redirecting me. once the sploder is done, i'm probably going to begin dumping money into my new truck and this thing sounds killer. i'm really curious to see if you have mileage improvement. its hard to tell when you have all that extra power on stand by though. all you (or at least i would) want to do is use it and negate the fuel savings.

p.s. i'm jealous of your gauges. i have the standard ones and i think the ones you have look sooo much better.

That's just a display pic I found, not my truck...but yeah I wish I had thise too..I think they are the FX4 ones

What engine do you have?

5.4 3v;)

Hmmm, the wheels in this guys head are turning.

p.s. Is there anyway to get a sound clip of the gibson exhaust? Im running a gibson on my explorer and I like it a lot. Im sure a V8 would sound even better.

Hmmm, the wheels in this guys head are turning.

p.s. Is there anyway to get a sound clip of the gibson exhaust? Im running a gibson on my explorer and I like it a lot. Im sure a V8 would sound even better.

I'll see what I can do;) It's kinda quite though... it has a nice tone, but it's just in the background. Now with no Exhaust, it sounded Awesome!!!:D

Ahhemmmmmmmm....... After installing said Gibson system Someone spin their truck around in the street and headed for their home QUICKLY!!!!!!

IT sounded AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I curious- on Level 1 and 2, you run 87 fuel and get better mileage? How much better?

I get 14-15 MPG out of my 05 5.4 3v 4x4. A 2-3 MPG gain would be worth it I think.

14-15 in town , and 17-18 or better highway. I run it on 2 all the time. I run just 87 and go to 91 for towing on level 3. driving unloaded on 3 is nuts though. it a frickin rocket!
Posted via Mobile Device

i thought level 3 was performance only and towing was only to be done on level 2. level 1 is transmission only(economy tune).

i love level 3... i always fill with 93... but i only see 12.5 mpg... maybe thats because.....
PIC-0121.jpg

0-60 in 6.9? Not bad for a full size pick up:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back