Hood Struts ?? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hood Struts ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who's complaining. Just pointing something out.

Nothing to point out since this has been discussed since 2013 :chug:

And frankly it did seem like you are complaining since you chose the title that you did and also threw out the $54k sticker price.. just sayin..

Just about every topic has been discussed, we ask you try the search function first before starting a new thread to keep similar discussions together. "Hood strut" brought up the thread I merged yours with.

Ty

No kit offered for fifth gen Explorer by Redline on their website as of 01/02/2017

I had a 'prop' on my 2011 Limited, struts on my 2014 MKT and back to a 'prop' on my Platinum. Personally I could care less which ones I have, only adds a second or two to opening the hood. Not too much that can go wrong with a 'prop' compared to struts. I believe my previous 3 Highlanders all had 'props', that's how much attention I paid to it. Basically the only times I opened the hood on the previous Ex. and MKT was to put the battery charger on them or add washer fluid.

Peter

Is there still no option for a hood strut kit ?? Seems a lil ridiculous

Here's the email I received from redline. If anyone is willing to go to them. They can fix us up too.

Hello,
First, thank you for your interest in our hood QuickLIFT products.
Unfortunately, we do not have a system available for your application. For
us, finding the vehicles and getting them into our shop is the difficult
part. If you or anyone you may know lives near us in Dexter, Michigan, we
would be very interested in setting up a development session. Our hood
QuickLIFT system would be free for the volunteer, and their vehicle would be
featured on our website and installation manual.

On average, we need 2 hours to complete the design and installation. There
are times when new parts need to be designed and manufactured - for these
times, we may require a second visit for final fitment. We specialize in
gas spring mounting and installations and currently sell over 200 different
QuickLIFT system applications.

Brian
Redline Tuning

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 11:20 AM
To: sales@redlinetuning.com
Subject: 2014 Ford Explorer

Do you guys make a kit for a 2014 ford explorer? Thanks in advance!
I sent Redline an email in September and got a reply from Brian. He said they should be available by end of year (2016), but appears they still don't have them. I guess, they don't expect enough business to bother with us.

I sent them a mail today also. Would love hoodstruts.

I sent them a mail today also. Would love hoodstruts.
I just asked them for an update also. You would think they could work with a Ford dealer or rent one to get this done if they really wanted to get this done. They don't sound like a very aggressive company.

I just asked them for an update also. You would think they could work with a Ford dealer or rent one to get this done if they really wanted to get this done. They don't sound like a very aggressive company.

Maybe I'll email MRT. They are in Michigan also, and produce hood struts for Mustangs. Might be a good opportunity for them to hop on the market while there is a gap.

I sent Redline an email in September and got a reply from Brian. He said they should be available by end of year (2016), but appears they still don't have them. I guess, they don't expect enough business to bother with us.
I would tend to agree that there likely isn't much of a market for them and thus not worth it.

Peter

I would tend to agree that there likely isn't much of a market for them and thus not worth it.

Peter

I noticed they are producing hood struts for Toyota Tacoma. Are there that many more Tacoma owners who want hoodstruts vs Explorer owners? I see Explorers everywhere and very few "appliance" Tacomas.

Peter
I received the following from Redline. Hope they come through.

Yes – we have a system designed – waiting on production parts and springs as all new components were required for this application. It did turn out very nicely and is a really nice installation. This will be on our website sometime this summer when available, it is way overdue.

Brian

I received the following from Redline. Hope they come through.

Yes – we have a system designed – waiting on production parts and springs as all new components were required for this application. It did turn out very nicely and is a really nice installation. This will be on our website sometime this summer when available, it is way overdue.

Brian

Thanks for the info.

well not I'm intrigued again - I made me a shop use prop rod and it's an annoyance but otherwise OK.

struts that open the spot up some more and do away with the prop rod would be that much better. If not costing the earth

Got a reply from Redline Tuning as well.

Hello Jason,
We have test fit the system with prototype parts and have now kicked off production tooling for the unique mounting brackets required for the Explorer. I am expecting to have production hardware in about 6-8 weeks.

Regards,
Andreas Keller
Owner

Jason, thanks. Please keep us posted. Want to definitely jump on this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can some one supply the email for Redline to be able to say I want one also so they can see a market demand so to speak?
I could not find the email on their website.

Thanks

Back