Raminator157

Mopar Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Essex Jct Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ram 1500
I did a search on here and I did not find much on strut bars. I searched the web trying to find a strut bar for my explorer for under the hood. Do they make them for explorers? If so how much and where can I get one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First off your 95 doesn't have struts, and strut bars are really only for unibody cars that have issues with the body flexing. A body on frame vehicle (IE your explorer) is going to be alot stiffer than a car.

I knew mine did not have any. I wanted to add one in the engine bay, mainly for looks

Fordexplorer157 said:
I knew mine did not have any. I wanted to add one in the engine bay, mainly for looks

So you can impress your ricer friends? Seriously man, why spend time and money putting something in that is only for looks and is utterly useless? I say take the money and put it into a real, useful performance/handling mod.

To be honest. one of my friends own ricer cars. It was a thought of mine

Not for nothin but even if you where to put one under the hood what would you even attach it too?????

Lol!

Doug said:
Not for nothin but even if you where to put one under the hood what would you even attach it too?????

The plastic wheelwell's. :D

I guess, I'm really not sure whatelse you would attach it to.. I would think it would get in the way more than anything.

Doug said:
I guess, I'm really not sure whatelse you would attach it to.. I would think it would get in the way more than anything.
Yep.

I'll don't know where you would get one, but if it's just for looks, flatten the ends of a length of EMT electrical conduit, drill holes, then bolt it in. :p

(j/k, don't really do that)

Back