• Register Today It's free!

2.0 EB issues at WOT

dhonnoll

Reaction score
City, State
Nesbit, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
I have a 2013 2.0 Ecoboost. About a year and a half ago not long after we bought it I replaced the turbo charger due to the lack of boost error and the wastegate was rattling and just basically worn out. Problem solved mostly. For the daily driver it is, it is fine. If I ease into the gas it is fine. If I Stomp on it WOT or mash hard to get on the interstate it will rev up, fall flat, dead miss. CEL flashes (which would be a dead miss) and it has no power no get up even when not dead missing. If I ease into it, smooth power. Is this just How it is? or do I maybe have condensation in the intercooler as I am seeing a lot of the F-150 EBs have?
New plugs,
New turbo charger.
Clean K&N filter
Cleaned the MAF
Cleaned the heads with a spray in type head cleaner that is supposed to be turbo safe.

No CELs just when you stomp on it especially when it is already in higher gears it just falls flat will downshift but misses. I know it isn't a race vehicle but I should be able to go full throttle if I wish with no dead misses.

I have a 2013 2.0 Ecoboost. About a year and a half ago not long after we bought it I replaced the turbo charger due to the lack of boost error and the wastegate was rattling and just basically worn out. Problem solved mostly. For the daily driver it is, it is fine. If I ease into the gas it is fine. If I Stomp on it WOT or mash hard to get on the interstate it will rev up, fall flat, dead miss. CEL flashes (which would be a dead miss) and it has no power no get up even when not dead missing. If I ease into it, smooth power. Is this just How it is? or do I maybe have condensation in the intercooler as I am seeing a lot of the F-150 EBs have?
New plugs,
New turbo charger.
Clean K&N filter
Cleaned the MAF
Cleaned the heads with a spray in type head cleaner that is supposed to be turbo safe.

No CELs just when you stomp on it especially when it is already in higher gears it just falls flat will downshift but misses. I know it isn't a race vehicle but I should be able to go full throttle if I wish with no dead misses.

We have a 2017 2,3 EB Explorer. It's never "liked" a stomped full throttle, it usually just falls flat, no to very poor acceleration. Like you, if we accelerate smoothly it goes great. There are no CEL or stored codes. So that's what we do now. In the "old day" there was turbo lag with sudden wot throttle. I thought they that would have been "fixed" by now but maybe not. Since we know that smooth but rapid throttle produces rapid acceleration if needed that's what we do.

Whimsey

I have a 2013 2.0 Eco boost. Our turbocharger crapped out about 2 years ago and we replaced it. If I mash on the gas peddle it has a little lag but then the turbocharger kicks in, the front end picks up some and can get squirrely so to say. Just thought I would give what our old 2013 does. I can say without a doubt I will never get another "EcoBoost/turbocharger" anything ever again...should've just got the 6 cylinder...

Back