Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm.... you think extreme4x4 (the show on spiketv) would cover the event if we wrote to em?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thinkl most of the places were informed but would not hurt to invite more..

mynameisaric said:
hmmm.... you think extreme4x4 (the show on spiketv) would cover the event if we wrote to em?

ahh that would be frickin awesome to see our trucks in the mags.
I called and signed up btw.

Jessi can drive my rig any time... :D Ian seems pretty cool too I guess. Getting them to attend a run like this would be pretty hard though I bet.

Oh yeah, I finaly got my reservations on Monday... who is going to be there first to establish a camping area? I recommend the left side of the campground, away from the atv trails and all the dust.

I am waiting to reserve my camp site. I had the weekend off, but the dept feels the need to rearrange my entire office's schedule. So, I've got to see when I'm comming down. I'll be there even if I only wheel for one day. If I get all the time off, my guess is i'll be down there friday afternoon to dinner time.

RFR2212 said:
I am waiting to reserve my camp site. I had the weekend off, but the dept feels the need to rearrange my entire office's schedule. So, I've got to see when I'm comming down. I'll be there even if I only wheel for one day. If I get all the time off, my guess is i'll be down there friday afternoon to dinner time.

In the same boat as you. May know the week of. Have never made reservations there and have never had a problem getting in.

SplashMan said:
I'm going to try and get a large canapy of some kind that we can use at camp. I also have a 6 man tent that I will be sleeping in by myself so if someone wants a place to crash they are more than welcome. :thumbsup:

I'm signing up late, but our June Moab trip is falling through so it looks like we'll make it to Attica.

Our gang will likely have 4-5 trucks -- only 1 Ford product though. I'll either be driving the newly constructed Ranger or the 'Sploder, depending on which one is finished. The Ranger is one of those "bring it" type vehicles -- no excuses, no bypasses. It's on 38's and is SAS w/ 44 front 60 rear and an Explorer 4.0 swap followed by a C4. The 'Sploder does really well with all the travel I've built into it, but it tends to get hung up on the rear spring perches unless I correct that little problem before then (which is entirely possible!).

The rest of my crew will be in Jeep products -- likely 4 XJs that are good to go (built) and at least 1 CJ, and perhaps a couple. I'll get more info on just who will be making the trip in a day or so, as we just canceled Moab so everything is a tad up in the air right now.

I have a 10 x 20 canopy that I could drag up there as well.

Oh... We'll be camping as well -- Attica Campground (gotta call and make reservations).

Hi y'all,

I used to lurk on your site when I wheeled my Ranger (hence the handle). Then my wife saw pictures of it on the trails at Badlands and FREAKED! It was new to us and real purdy. I had to buy something I could wheel and not worry about, so I bought an old beater '87 wrangler. In fact I'm the guy in the wrangler Aric was wheeling with when he went to Badlands. My suspension at that point was actually less than stock as it was so worn, that when I aired down, I had negative lift! ;) (fixed now)
Anyway here are some pics from the Badland trip in Jan 2005. You can see many of the types of terrains at the park. We ran Green, the creek, the quarry, the Bowl (kinda pea gravel/sand) and the dunes. The Ranger is a stock '01 XLT Extracab Off-Road model and I was running stock size Cooper AT's at 12 psi. I don't know how close that is to an Explorer but perhaps you can get some scale of how stock or mostly stock rigs would fare in some of the areas. I came through it unscathed except for the drivers side nerf bar, That got pushed up when I high centered on a breakover on Green. A few hops on it and it was fine again. :thumbsup:

I'd like to join you in June if it's OK. I still run my jeep, but I really don't care who drives what. It's all about the run.

BTW - My XLT is still my DD. It's the second one I've have and I'd get another.

Latest list:

1. cancelled
2. Dustin Allison - Dman726749 1-2 - plaque
3. Rick and Char - 4 - plaque
4. Aric Donnelly - MyNameIsAric - 2-3 - plaque
5. John Hutson - cableguy - 4- plaque
6. Roger Schlender - sandrunner - 4 -plaque
7. Scott Berkel - Buckshot - 4 - plaque
8. Mike Arnswald - Arnie897 - 1,2 - plaque
9. Matt Persman - MattPersman - 1,2 - plaque
10. Andre Hryn - dre - 2 - plaque
11. Eric Chamberlain - mechanix - 4 - plaque
12. Gerald Jarrett - Gjarrett - 4 - plaque
13. Bill Kemp - 1 - Plaque
14. cancelled
15. John DeRocha - DeRocha - 3- plaque
16. Chad Rogers - Nissanboy - 3,4 - plaque
17. cancelled
18. Richard w Santose - frdtrckmnrich - 3,4 - plaque
19. David Ast - Bronco638 - 3 - Plaque
20. Ronnie Alesia - bluetandem77 - ? - plaque
21. Paul Neubert - Paul N. - 3 - plaque
22. cancelled
23. Peter Klockars - RFR2212 - plaque - 3
24. Brad Bottoms - cougarx - plaque - 3
25. Dave haughs - Taxx - plaque - 4
26. Charles Sifers - chazzone - plaque - 3
27. Eric R. La Voie - sn8kman - plaque - 2
28 Jeff Glancy - Jefe - plaque - will be riding shotgun
29. Matthew LaLonde - 2001ExpSport - plaque - 3
30. Guy Fredrick - glfredrick - plaque - 4
31. Jonathan B. Burns - Burns - plaque - 3,4
32. Chris Maxson - white95explorer - plaque 2
33. Mike Nees IndyExplorer - plaque - 4

Looks like a heck of a good list of people. I'm getting insurance on the explorer soon so hopefully i'll be able to drive it up and hit at least the green trails. The SAS isn't going to be done in time. Fortunately my swap may be done before RRORC's chubfest! This would be the last run in stock(ish) form!

IF someone comming happens to have a used set of 35"s with decent tread they'd like to unload though I could find a way to put some money in their pockets haha :D

Hell i'll even try not to ralph this run (i blame it all on the heat and cheap buritos)!

I can't make the run... as much as I hate to cancel, I just got hit with some major money problems last week and on top of it they just told me my job may be going away in Sept.
Sorry, I really wanted to make this run and have been planning for it, but the cash I had saved up for it has already gone toward some unexpected bills.

I am going to have to back out as well...I would love to make the run, but I have taken on an internship this summer that I cannot get away from. I hate to cancel...but its gotta be done for me. Hope you guys have a good time! Keep them rubber side down.

You'll need to remove me from the list as well, Rick. I'd love to go, but it looks like I won't have the time or money to make it (I'm getting married a month after the run). Make sure you guys get lots of pics! :thumbsup:

There droppin like flies, this sucks. I just hope gas doesnt hit 3 bucks a gallon around ohio or indiana.

[QUOTE='97 V8]There droppin like flies, this sucks. I just hope gas doesnt hit 3 bucks a gallon around ohio or indiana.[/QUOTE]

gas is over 3 bucks a gallon in my neck of the woods in North East IL...

I kind of worry about this run as more people would start dropping out because of higher costs...

I also worry about the shape my truck is in and rather I will be able to put it together before the run or not... if I won't then I'll go over in my Mounty just to meet the guys...

Dre said:

I kind of worry about this run as more people would start dropping out because of higher costs...

I also worry about the shape my truck is in and rather I will be able to put it together before the run or not... if I won't then I'll go over in my Mounty just to meet the guys...

It's running 2.95 here in Louisville, and likely to go higher, unless the President's remarks make headway with the oil barons (unlikely, as the barrel price is higher than ever -- sort of makes you wonder why it was close to $3 when oil was at $53 a barrel, instead of the $73 it is now... can you say profiteering?).

But, at the same time, we're still running around every day, and the costs just get absorbed into the budget.

I figure that we were all set to go with gas at $2.50, and the real difference is more psychological than actual. At $3.00 a 15 gal fill would run $45. At $2.75 it is 41.50. At $2.50 it was 37.50. An increase -- sure, but if 7.50 a tank makes or breaks you, then you need a different vehicle, job, etc. I'm not sure about some of you, but I spend that much on magazines, cokes, etc., every week.

I'm also hearing a tendency to blame the President for the price of oil -- his family ties to the oil business and all thrown in for good measure. That is mostly hogwash, as I've not seen ANY President, of ANY party able to seriously affect world fuel prices, and if they actually could, we'd NEVER pay high prices, and that party would NEVER loose an election. Don't get caught up in the political/psychological game -- just deal with it and go on. As for me? I'm gonna wheel my junk. :D :roll:

well i'm in debt now(not credit card debt... truck debt), but... i still live at home and my parents are super cool, so i should still be able to make this run, but i duno if i'll be able to pay for the night run anymore, and this will probly be my only run all summer.

my sas should be done with in three weeks. so ill be ready

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dre said:

Get it together and tow it with the mounty.

Bronco will be gone in 11 days for all its fab work. I've got half the weekend off, and will get the rest off. Picked up a nice inflatable mattress which will fit nicely in the bed of the truck, so I've got my tent! ;) Should be a good trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back