How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install. | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea i will just gotta wait til saturady to tightne them up dont have time until then thanks for the advice tho

I did a lift on my 97 explorer and i had to grind the steering column extension and it got a little sloppy in the turning. There is about an inch of play. Is there any play in your steering at all?

havnt looked at mine yet il be doing the extension saturday

with the gen 3, you shouldn't need to grind anything that came with the truck stock - if you take your time, you should be able to adjust the extension with your grinder, and there will be no play beyond what's there stock...

hows it goin? i had the coil spacer lift kit installed on my truck and been having a very loud squeek from my suspension. had a few mechanics look at it and they stated my "a arms are straight up and down". are you rollin yours like this or did you change out for some different a arms? payin to get the squeek fixed for the second time (bushings) is not what i want to do. Thanks for the help

Just had a quick question...Alittle new to projects like this. lol
Just wondering what a fan shroud is? I think i know what it is, but i was wondering if anyone has a picture. Thanks!!

dont have a picture but if u look right infront of your fan youll c it its like a black plastic cover that goes over the fan n make sure u take atleast the bottom half of it off b4 lifting the truck

remove it and modify it and re-install it dont leave it off effects the airflow from your fan can lead to over heating

So it's on the underside of the fan correct? I havent been up under there to look for it yet...will be lookin tommorow though. Is the fan shroud a pretty obvious part to notice when lookin for it?

So it's on the underside of the fan correct? I havent been up under there to look for it yet...will be lookin tommorow though. Is the fan shroud a pretty obvious part to notice when lookin for it?

yes its on the underside it should be a 2 piece unit

its the big black plastic piece between the motor and rad before removal just make a note where the fan will drop down and trim accordingly make sure to check for clearence would be a shame to catch a blade and toss it through the rad

if you can try to actually get pictures of those rear brackets and sizes this would be very helpful

body lift installed

pointers

heat the body mounts up and they come right out like a hot knife through butter

if doing a RB susp lift do the body lift first makes it alot easier toget at the top of the struts

flipping class 2 reciever over (on mine) would not work bolt holes didnt come close to lighning up and reciever was at wrong angle when put back on frame

need alot of extra washers for rear

watch the positive wire onthe battery as it comes real tight

front bumper elongate the one factory hole and everything lines up perfect, exception the bottom needs modifiying for the lower support brackets ( 2 of them) and bottom lip piece will work with a few hidden drilled holes and zip ties

layinhp got any pics of the truck with the lift

017.jpg

009.jpg

020.jpg

004.jpg

didnt get anypics when doing the body lift was to busy with the mounts i wanted to do a step by step type deal but time was short

looks great man...time for bigger tiressssss

what kind of exhaust setup u have

yea have rims waitied on the tires untill i new the lift was in, it goes in this weekend for a 4wheel alignment then the ne rubber goes on

exhaust was just a quick fix for man noise lol i was heading out of province (canada) for work (oilsands) i just got the truck and wnted to mod it before i left

its justa cheap dynoteck or dynoflow muffler (cheap version of a flowmaster) and a rolled stainlesstip, it needs to be changed around now after the lift probly going duel tips outboth sides angled out and a flowmaster 40 series

so i took my lift off last night seeing as how my coils had chunks missing from them where the spindles were grinding. i didnt have the cash for 86's new arms and quite frankly i was sick of the crappy ride. i can actually go over speed bumps now and dont have to worry about something breaking.

problems with 3 inch BL on 06 X

Hello everybody

This is my first post. I have put a 3 inch body lift on my 06 xlt and have run into some problems. First my shifter is messed up, park is reverse, reverse is neutral and neutral is drive and I have no park. The other problem is the front bumper brackets wont work. I am driving around with no bumpers lol.

On another note, has anyone tightened the e-brake? I am doing mine Tuesday and wanted to know if anyone could give me any tips.

Thanks for your help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everybody

This is my first post. I have put a 3 inch body lift on my 06 xlt and have run into some problems. First my shifter is messed up, park is reverse, reverse is neutral and neutral is drive and I have no park. The other problem is the front bumper brackets wont work. I am driving around with no bumpers lol.

On another note, has anyone tightened the e-brake? I am doing mine Tuesday and wanted to know if anyone could give me any tips.

Thanks for your help

if im thinking straight..isnt the 2006 the new model style?..if so i dont think anyones done the body lift for that year...

but from what it sounds like your gonna have to extend your shifter cable as it seems its getting pulled tight enough to throw it off by a gear selection..

also some modification is required for the fromt bumper mount..at least with the 2002-2005's

i have no clue about the front/rear bumper on the 2006

Back