"Bring It" Project -- 86 Ranger | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Bring It" Project -- 86 Ranger

Ok... The parts chasing is coming to an end -- for now at least. I'm about to finally embark on the Ranger project that has been so long in the waiting/planning stages.

A couple of pics -- yes, I'm really starting to work on this project! :D

The tow rig... Mama's '03 Trailblazer. 292 hp under the hood, reinforced tranny, tow rating of 6200#. It works and it is nice to drive.

Tow_Rig.jpg

The donor pig... Yuppers -- THIS pig is supplying a lot of the bacon...

donor_vehicle.jpg

Driver's side drop Dana 44 -- soon to get 8 lug, full floater hubs to match the rear. (And yes, the passenger side drop axle, t-case, transmission, etc., are for sale out of the donor!)

front_donor_axle.jpg

The rear Dana 60

Donor_axle.jpg

The donor motor -- 4.0 liters of butt-kicking power (well, at least it will pull the truck around and be light weight!).

Ranger_motor.jpg

The "not-so-innocent-victim"...

Ranger_stripped.jpg

My wife has named this project... When I told her what I was doing, and showed her a picture of what it would be, she just said, "Bring it!" Here it is "dreaming" of bigger and better days!

Ranger_dreams.jpg

Nice, I like that toolbox and how it will protect the radiator.

Inside the box are the batteries and some electrical stuff, plus storage for parts, tools, and camping gear, all nice and waterproof. :D

I'm looking to get a 50/50 weight balance, front to rear.

Back