• Register Today It's free!

advance trac warning

RLWSNOOK

Reaction score
City, State
OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Has anyone had an issue with their advancetrac? My warning light went off and won't shut off. Took it to the dealer who couldn't fix it as this is the first explorer they have worked on and still don't know how to work it (dealer said this thing is like a space ship there are so many different modules). They are waiting for customer service or some hot line to call them back so they can figure out how to fix it.

anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RLWSNOOK,

I am sorry this is happening. I am glad that you brought it to the dealer to have it diagnosed, it's the best thing you can do with it being so new. Please keep us posted on the forum in case this is not an isolated event. If I see/hear anything on the forum that sounds similar, I'll be sure to let you know.

Seni

The dealer finally got the part in they ordered and the issue was fixed. Both the advancetrac and the air bag light went off, apparently they are controlled by the same part which had gone bad. So if yours goes off it's likely the same issue.

Part #BB5Z*14B321*A was replaced, and this fixed the issue.

The biggest issue is the service guys don't really have everything from ford about how to work on the new explorer. So they might get a problem like mine, and not have any idea what to do. Which was the case for my vehicle.

I have a 2011 limited. Last week my "service advance track" light and collision warning lights both came on. Strange thing is when they come on, it is when I turn the ac off. It has happened about 10 times over the last two weeks. My truck was in the shop for 9 days several weeks ago getting numerous things worked on. The a-pillars got worse. The thought of returning to service makes me sick.

I have a 2011 limited. Last week my "service advance track" light and collision warning lights both came on. Strange thing is when they come on, it is when I turn the ac off. It has happened about 10 times over the last two weeks. My truck was in the shop for 9 days several weeks ago getting numerous things worked on. The a-pillars got worse. The thought of returning to service makes me sick.

It’s such a shame that your Explorer is giving you so much trouble. Maybe you should discuss with your dealer getting you a brand new one if this one is giving you so many issue. I guess the only true way to get it fixed is to go to the dealer though.
- Justin

Just for the record: my 2014 XLT AWD, 3500Km, gave me "Service AdvanceTrac" and "Terrain Management System Fault" after I drove a 5mins trip in snow mode and parked.
Environment temperature -7 in Canada at the time.

My feeling is AWD is gone while "Service AdvanceTrac" message was on.

I pressed OK on the "Service AdvanceTrac" to move the car then the message is gone; since that TMS stopped working.

Gonna call dealer now.

Parked for 1hr and restart, service messages were gone.
Brought to dealer, they said found error record in steering sensor, but not able to reproduce error.
in their report: scanned: U0415 and CIB00 64 1 in ABS memory CIB00 64 RAN Interactive Diag.

cleared code and asked me to move on and keep on eye on it.

Can't complain too much, given thousands of sensors on the car and harsh whether.

Later revisited user manual, found "Terrain Management System Fault" are actually documented lightly. The manual says if error, try cycling the key. Which made the error sound very uncritical at all.

I will live with this for now. Will press peddle slowly in snow in future to ease wheel sensing, I guess it might help.

But still not very convinced for such thing if I have to drive in the mid of nowhere.

[ADD] now I am a bit more convinced after reading user manual chapter 4WD. It actually said, under extreme environment 4WD can fail then default to FWD, asked user to cool down and retry. If ServiceTrac warning can be included, it will help with those who actually RTFM (Read the f**king manual).:salute:

"cleared code and asked me to move on and keep on eye on it."

I'd move on all right. Right to another Dealer or better yet go to a different brand vehicle.......Plum

13 Sport Service Traction Control and advanced track warning?!?

We have had the pleasure of owing a 2013 explorer sports since march of 2013. Its been trouble free except the hood needing to be repainted because of the aluminum under the paint corroding.

Tonight my wife calls me frantic, Service warning came up - service traction control and service advanced trac or something like that came up on the dash...

Has anyone seen this yet??

Dave

Sometimes the system will freak out for whatever reason and shutting off the vehicle and restarting will fix the issue. If there is a problem it's usually a bad wheel speed sensor which the dealer will fix under warranty. If the speed sensor can't send info to the PCM it will set a warning off in the dash.

We have had the pleasure of owing a 2013 explorer sports since march of 2013. Its been trouble free except the hood needing to be repainted because of the aluminum under the paint corroding.

Tonight my wife calls me frantic, Service warning came up - service traction control and service advanced trac or something like that came up on the dash...

Has anyone seen this yet??

Dave
As per my PM, I have merged your thread with this existing one. Some members had the Advanced Track warning fixed by having the steering angle sensor replaced. In any case, you should take it to the dealer to see if any codes were stored when the problems arose.

Peter

Got into the sport this am. Poof...warnings gone, after warming up I really got on her, so hard for the first time I heard the boost pressure release gate open ...phfssssshhhhhhhht lol. I know longer work at Ford, so I am at the Mercy of Tasca Ford... Lets see what they find guys!

Got into the sport this am. Poof...warnings gone, after warming up I really got on her, so hard for the first time I heard the boost pressure release gate open ...phfssssshhhhhhhht lol. I know longer work at Ford, so I am at the Mercy of Tasca Ford... Lets see what they find guys!

Definitely let us know what you hear from your dealership, bam7722. What's the current mileage on your Explorer?

Crystal

I had this happen 3 times in the past 2 weeks and 2 times just this week driving straight and level going down highway at highway speeds. When it happens I loose steering power and my x is hard to steer. I put on my emerg flasher and moved to the shoulder of the road to turn off and turn on my vehicle this usually works. It did this time and I am glad my wife was not behind the wheel. I contacted my dealer earlier this week by chat and they said they would contact me within 2 hours that was 2 days ago. I put a report to the NHTS web site and I will call my dealer after this post. I want to take my X on vacation and tow my watercraft but with the steering problems I will opt to rent something other than a ford

My battery died today, and I replaced. After putting in the new battery, I get a "check brake system" and "service advance track" warnings. Drove about 30 minutes and disconnected the negative cable for about an hour thinking it would go away. Both are still there. Any suggestions??? I have not had good experiences with any of the local dealers in the area.... :(

I had this happen 3 times in the past 2 weeks and 2 times just this week driving straight and level going down highway at highway speeds...

Have you heard back from your dealership yet, freddyzp? How many miles do you have on your Explorer? Keep me in the loop and I'll see what I can do to help.

... I have not had good experiences with any of the local dealers in the area.... :(

I'll be happy to help you locate an alternative dealership near you, bbundy. PM me your ZIP code and I'll give you a list of options.

Crystal

2014 Advance Track Problem

Took delivery of my 2014 Ex 5/24/14 and is at the dealership for the 2nd time because Advance Track engages while driving under normal dry road conditions so bad that I have to pull over because of violent jerking. If I turn the ignition off, it seems to set itself, usually, but not always. This happens randomly. I can drive for days and it doesn't happen, but then other times it happens daily or multiple times a day.

The dealer replaced a clock spring and the angle steering sensor the first time, but obviously that wasn't the problem. Any ideas?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to yall. Apparently at tasca ford, they did a relearn on the steering angle sensor....? There was a code for the steering angle sensor stored but not present. Which sounds right since the light went out. I will say the light has not come on since.

I am so HAPPY we decided to buy another ford. This vehicle is looks sharp and drives sweet and the interior is awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone had an issue with their advancetrac? My warning light went off and won't shut off. Took it to the dealer who couldn't fix it as this is the first explorer they have worked on and still don't know how to work it (dealer said this thing is like a space ship there are so many different modules). They are waiting for customer service or some hot line to call them back so they can figure out how to fix it.

anyone have any idea what's wrong?

I have the same issue...in service for 2 days...they put grease on wires and gave it back....lights and hesitation while driving still happening.

Not happy

Back