Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,825
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,894

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

hey do you have a cardomain? your explorer looks familiar and if its the one on cardomain then your ex is the reason i want to lift mine. i want to make mine look like yours lol

I wanna put a slight lift on my 98 explorer. Will I have to convert from air to spring suspension? And any advice on how to do it cheap? Thanks y'all.

Do you mean the air assist shocks? Explorers all have spring suspensions originally. Some models also have air assisted shocks absorbers, just to help out a bit. An air suspension like you're referring to is more like something you'd find on a Lincoln, where "balloons" filled with air work like springs. That's nothing like what we have on our Explorers.
I'm running 33x12.5x15s on my 2000 Eddie with a 3" body lift, torsion twist up front and shackles in the rear. (All very affordable by the way). I still have the original air shocks and have had no problem. Once in a blue moon, very rarely, the suspension warning light comes on, but goes off again after restarting the truck. That can be remedied by moving the sensor in the back to a slightly different position to compensate for the amount of lift, no big deal really. Hope this helps you out.

Great thread, have got so many ideas from this thread full of epic win.

Great thread, have got so many ideas from this thread full of epic win.

Sometimes I wish I'd never seen this thread...I'd still have money in the bank! Those "ideas" usually turn into reality, and one "idea" leads to another, then another, and so on. But honestly, no regrets. These big boy toys keep us out of trouble. At least that's what I keep telling my girlfriend.

Bet you're gonna miss that Cobra. I'd have a hard time parting with that. I notice that a lot of the guys on here, including myself, also have a Mustang. We could probably start a whole new thread on here with Explorer/Stang combo pics.

my lift

Hey Guys. Finally put my "lift" on. Warrior shackles, Add-a-Leaf, and TT, still running stock size tires. Truck rides a lot better now, its a a tad stiffer on bumps, but in a good way, more stable. Also love not having the back end sagging like it was.

First pic is after i removed the stock running boards, and giving my brother a jumpstart haha.

Second pic was before i removed the running boards. Bad news is i have to put them back on. My wife is haveing a hard time without them...shes pretty short.

Plan on getting 31's once these tires wear out. Adam.

Attachments

• truck jumping.jpg
    truck jumping.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,536
  • nite truck.jpg
    nite truck.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,515

Awsome ex's guys...

I don't appreciate the Google network adding an advertisement on EACH and EVERY photo now on this thread. Annoying.

You can make those disappear. Join the Elite.

jim, you're back! anything new with the Sport??

Hey Grnmachine = Driving downtown today to see if I can make a deal on a 1999 5spd Explorer sport - I want it. :) - Very Rare - Less than 3% of them were manuals.

I have 2 99 Sport 5 spds...

Si

mine needs the tranny fixing, currently only has 4th, and the ABS, the driver's seat is too far back also...

But, here's mine right now, with the new kid
thetalk.jpg

and with the mud tires back on today
mudd.jpg

And I can't remember if I posted or not, but this is my UK Explorer (TT & Shackles)
24072009007.jpg

SI

I'm looking for some wider ones for Pickle... but they're my fave style of rims.... lol, but, Sarah hates that style... :(

Si

Back