Show vehicle Speed on Nav Screen ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show vehicle Speed on Nav Screen ?

obbay

Reaction score
City, State
upstate NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer
sorry, i looked for quite some time for an answer, did not find one.

I would like to see my vehicle speed on the GPS when traveling.
Cannot find instructions on how to add that screen.
Please explain.

( i hope i wrote the title clearly enough to easily pop up when searched for, if not i hope i can edit the post :) )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't be done as far as I know.

What' wrong with your speedometer?

Why?

isn't it easier to look at large speedo than try and look at small digital speed on NAV screen??

It might be nice to see posted speed limits on the Nav screen, does it do that? Of course this is riddled with issues of its own, such as relying on 3rd parties to provide speed limit data, and they can change. But was a nice feature I had on an aftermarket Pioneer Nav unit for those times when you are travelling an area you dont know and not many speed limit signs are posted.

It might be nice to see posted speed limits on the Nav screen, does it do that? Of course this is riddled with issues of its own, such as relying on 3rd parties to provide speed limit data, and they can change. But was a nice feature I had on an aftermarket Pioneer Nav unit for those times when you are travelling an area you dont know and not many speed limit signs are posted.

My limited with nav does it. Shows up on right dash screen as a little speed limit sign.

My limited with nav does it. Shows up on right dash screen as a little speed limit sign.

Awesome! Glad to know it has that feature.

Posted speed shows up on both MFT and instrument cluster display... Noticed its accurate most of the time wouldn't trust it completely but if you need a SWAG it works.

Back