• Register Today It's free!

Kodiak Brown or Green Gem...

RN2003AZ

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Platinum
So I have a Kodiak ordered... I don't know if I'm completely sold on it! Very torn between that or Green. I have black now, and have for my last 2 vehicles so if all else fails I'll stick with that... any opinions or comments!

Oh and does anyone know when it's too late to change an order? I have an email out to my salesperson now... waiting to hear back. Placed the order late Mon afternoon. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on your order!! I have green gem and LOVE it! People mistake it for black all the time - then the sun hits :)

So Green gets my vote - though I've never seen the brown in person.

If it wasn't white it would have been the blue or the brown... They are all awesome in the sun.

They are both REALLY nice colors. I had originally thought I wanted the Sterling Grey, then I saw some pictures of the Kodiak Brown. I ordered my Ex with some reservation, but once I saw it in person I was sold. In anything but direct sunlight it looks black (but still has a slight tint of brown). In direct sunlight the curved and angled parts of the Ex take on a goldish brown look while the rest stays dark. The ammount of metal flake in this paint is insane, and it's multicolored. I'm still trying to capture it with a less than ideal cell phone camera, enough to give it justice. I'll try to get something today. I don't think you'll go wrong with either color, but I'm voting for the KB (biased of course).
You can see some pics in the order status section. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356879&page=2

Good luck! :thumbsup:

To each his own, but I'm way more into the Kodiak Brown than the green.

So I have a Kodiak ordered... I don't know if I'm completely sold on it! Very torn between that or Green. I have black now, and have for my last 2 vehicles so if all else fails I'll stick with that... any opinions or comments!

Oh and does anyone know when it's too late to change an order? I have an email out to my salesperson now... waiting to hear back. Placed the order late Mon afternoon. Thanks!

Why not have both?

Without a pin stripe:
untitled2.jpg

Or with a pin stripe if that is your preference:
untitled3.jpg

VinceL, (in the voice of Dr. Zoidberg), your Photoshop is bad and you should feel bad. Uuuuccccckkkk....two beautiful colors maligned there. Glad you have a sense of humour though.

RN2003AZ, we are anxiously awaiting a green gem, so I am somewhat biased, but I have seen the brown in person and it is stunning as well. I just felt the urge to eat chocolate constantly when looking at it and decided that would be bad for my long term health, though dark chocolate can boost your magnesium levels....I digress. In truth, both colors can look black in the right light, so if you're looking to stay cool maybe go with the lighter options. Personally, I am so sick of the platinum white, seems to be all our local dealers want to order, and the only one nearly as boring is the gingerale. But it's really pretty personal. When I first got my license I had my heart set on this little green coupe and it just never came to pass. And even though I've loved lots of other cars, I'm excited to finally get a green car. Haven't seen too many of either the brown or green. Helicopter's pics aren't as bad as he suggests and the Kodiak is stunning. FordMomof3 also has some stunning pics of her green gem in the mountains. Think about what you can live with for the next 5-10 years and go with it. If Kodiak was your first instinct, then maybe you should take the old teachers' advice and don't change your answer. Can't go wrong with either of those colors, really.
Good luck-
Toddy

Both are very nice colors but I prefer the Metallic Kodiak Brown myself :)

The color is what you want it to be. Only you can make that final decision. If possible, you should try to see both in person.
I don't think it would be too late to change the order. I believe others have made changes to their orders later than this.

Peter

I ordered Brown, but have not gotten it yet. I am not a green guy, but it seems a cool color as well.

I would take the VinceL version though if I could do it over. I would opt for the orange pinstripe instead of the yellow.

Thanks all!

I have seen both in person. I just can't wrap my head around a brown vehicle. I keep describing it to everyone as "chocolate" brown but I can't help but feel its more of another type of brown! ;)

My husband isn't a huge fan of the green, that's kind of why I went brown. And to get away from the black, but I'm thinking maybe black would just be safe! A little perspective... I've had a black Chevy Trailblazer and now a black VW Routan.

My dealer just got the green one on his lot today so I may swing by and peak. I would still place the order though as I'm set in the 2nd row buckets. He's just not sure if it's too late to change. The guys who does the ordering isn't in till tomorrow. Can anyone grab Cory to maybe answer? Thanks!

I have seen both in person. I just can't wrap my head around a brown vehicle. I keep describing it to everyone as "chocolate" brown but I can't help but feel its more of another type of brown! ;)

My husband isn't a huge fan of the green, that's kind of why I went brown. And to get away from the black, but I'm thinking maybe black would just be safe! A little perspective... I've had a black Chevy Trailblazer and now a black VW Routan.

My dealer just got the green one on his lot today so I may swing by and peak. I would still place the order though as I'm set in the 2nd row buckets. He's just not sure if it's too late to change. The guys who does the ordering isn't in till tomorrow. Can anyone grab Cory to maybe answer? Thanks!
As I mentioned before, I don't think it is too late to change the color. You can send Cory a Private Message at FordCustSrvc. Just find one of his posts and click on the red FordCustSrvc in the left margin and select Send a Private Message.

Peter

Yeah, the yellow stripe was my lame attempt at a Gold pinstripe, you know, to class it up a bit :D

Loved the Futurama reference too, I could hear it in my head, lol.

I remember back when black cars owned me... I mean- when I owned black cars... :D

...He's just not sure if it's too late to change. The guys who does the ordering isn't in till tomorrow. Can anyone grab Cory to maybe answer? Thanks!
Congratulations on your order, RN2003AZ! The best thing to do is get a hold of your sales representative at the dealer as soon as he gets back. I also sent you a quick reply via PM. :)

...I have green gem and LOVE it! People mistake it for black all the time - then the sun hits :)...
If it wasn't white it would have been the blue or the brown... They are all awesome in the sun.
...In anything but direct sunlight it looks black (but still has a slight tint of brown). In direct sunlight the curved and angled parts of the Ex take on a goldish brown look while the rest stays dark...
...In truth, both colors can look black in the right light...Can't go wrong with either of those colors, really...
FordMomof3, RonJrSVCMGR, Helicopter, & Toddy,

I’m with you guys; check out your new ride’s paint in person for the full experience (make sure it’s in the sun to see it really pop)! :D

Your Explorer loves the sun, so show it off with the “Great Outdoors Badge”:

http://www.Social.Ford.com/grab-a-badge/great+outdoors

...You can send Cory a Private Message at FordCustSrvc. Just find one of his posts and click on the red FordCustSrvc in the left margin and select Send a Private Message...
I really appreciate the shout-out, Peter!

Yeah, the yellow stripe was my lame attempt at a Gold pinstripe, you know, to class it up a bit :D

Loved the Futurama reference too, I could hear it in my head, lol.
“Good news, everyone!” :thumbsup: I didn’t think the pinstripe was too bad. You could try more color combinations (Ruby Red and Oxford White lol). ;)

Cory

I tried to get a full picture, but the lens flair was horrible. I did get a close up of the metal flake in this paint under subdued sunlight.
picture.php

Here is a pic in the shade...
picture.php

Ultimate decision...

Went to the dealer and saw the green on the lot again. I've made the decision, I'm going green! My husband isn't thrilled, he's not a fan. But he's not driving it, I am... And I'm sick of the black. This is just enough of a change to make it ok. I honestly thought it was black from across the lot until I got up to it. My sister was with me and she was bias to black too but too bad! She not driving either.

I'll know in the morning, but we should be ok to change it. So it'll be Green Gem/med stone leather.

Thanks Cory and everyone! I truly appreciate it.

Congrats! It is a really nice color!

Congrats! It is a really nice color!

Thanks for the pics! I saw it in person on Sunday and like it a lot. I just can't get over my craziness that its a brown vehicle. Just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. I was avoiding the green because my husbands Equinox through work is greenish gray so I felt weird getting 2 green cars. I wish the Kona blue or Bourdeaux red were still option, I'd get those in a second.

Such tough life choices! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the pics! I saw it in person on Sunday and like it a lot. I just can't get over my craziness that its a brown vehicle. Just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. I was avoiding the green because my husbands Equinox through work is greenish gray so I felt weird getting 2 green cars. I wish the Kona blue or Bourdeaux red were still option, I'd get those in a second.

Such tough life choices! :D

Yes such tough choices! ;)

I agree on the other colors. The Bourdeaux Red would have been my first and only choice! No matter the color, I'm just really digging this vehicle, and I hope you will too! Best of luck with it! :thumbsup:

Back