Plasti dip parts | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Plasti dip parts

Plastidipped the rear chrome strip and badges on the rear of my Explorer this weekend. Absolutely love the way it looks. Looking for the next piece now. The chrome strip on the door rocker panels looks like the next candidate.

Will the Plasti Dip come off of the textured plastic as easily as it came off the painted surfaces?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wheels and back lettering/chrome on tailgate done:
IMG_0139_zps58531a67.jpg

IMG_0138_zpscbbf8a04.jpg

IMG_0136_zps47454b9e.jpg

IMG_0134_zps46816d44.jpg

Nice looking!

Looks amazing! How hard was it to do the wheels? I'm considering doing mine as well.

Looks amazing! How hard was it to do the wheels? I'm considering doing mine as well.

The wheels were easy. You just have to be patient with the process. It took longer for me because it got cold here last night and the drying process took a little longer. I had to grab a space heater and set it in front of the wheel after each coat to help with the drying process. One thing I suggest you doing is before you mount the wheel, clear the plast dip from the edge of the hole where the nut screws on. When you tighten the nut, the plasti dip between the nut and the screw hole causes friction and the plasti dip will peel off.

If you look on YouTube and watch some of Fonzi's videos from dipyourcar he shows you some easy ways to plasti dip your wheels without even removing them.

That's what I did with mine. All you need is 4 garbage bags to cover the brakes but make sure when your done reverse it a little to spray and to check if you miss any spots on the bottom of the wheel.

did the rear chrome strip in white with pearlizer came out good but i think im going to change it to black because the plasti dip is a brighter white, plus i used smoke on the 3rd brake light and the bumper reflectors
plasti.jpg

IMO all black rims makes the EX look bad ass great job.

If you look on YouTube and watch some of Fonzi's videos from dipyourcar he shows you some easy ways to plasti dip your wheels without even removing them.

I removed them because I didn't want to plasti cip the lug nuts and my big ass didn't think I could get behind there lol.

Back