Plasti dipped grille | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I know this thread is a bit older, but for those who plastidipped your grilles, are they still holding up well?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing but I drive a lot of highway miles and my grille eats a lot of bugs. Can I use something like "Bug and Tar Remover" on a plastidipped grille to remove the bugs? Or will it eat up the paint?

Also, I plan on adding the Glossifier to the black to make it a bit glossy instead of matte black.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3 years with 2 tough winters my truck had 40,000 and it was holding well,

it was looking a little dull so I gave it a fresh coat

got a 2016 now so i havent figured out what im going to do with the grill, if i plasti dip it ill post it here

3 years with 2 tough winters my truck had 40,000 and it was holding well,

it was looking a little dull so I gave it a fresh coat

got a 2016 now so i havent figured out what im going to do with the grill, if i plasti dip it ill post it here
Is that 2016 in addition to the 2013 XLT showing in your profile?

Peter

Is that 2016 in addition to the 2013 XLT showing in your profile?

Peter

Yea the 2013 is gone, it was a lease return. Except for the paint problem with the front edge of the hood the truck was flawless, but I was happy with the deal they offered on the 2016 so i took it.

Yea the 2013 is gone, it was a lease return. Except for the paint problem with the front edge of the hood the truck was flawless, but I was happy with the deal they offered on the 2016 so i took it.
You should enter the 2016 (trim level) in your profile so it shows in the margin in place of the 2013.;)

Peter

Back