New Aluminum Sport Pedals | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OK ladies and germs,

here is the deal.

Someone asked about anodizing and if it will wear off after stepping/rubbing on it all the time. The answer Chip gave me just now is that it will not wear off. That is why they anodize it and not powder-coat them. It is a little more pricey but I personally feel better about that. I am in.

I also told Chip that I maybe have 5 total people who wanna buy. He said thats fine!

So please chime in if you are willing to purchase these! 5 Total will make the deal work!

I will have a discount code of 20% PMed to you by Monday or Tuesday.

Please chime in using this forum instead of the PM. I am almost full on saved PM's from interested but not confirmed parties.

All I need is 4 folks! Let's do this!

Buzz

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in!

Three more to go!

Thanks TXAGGIE!

Total cost should be at $138.97 which includes anodizing and the $10.98 shipping cost and 20% Discount on the item.

If you do not want the anodizing/countersink finish then the final price will be $106.97 which includes shipping also.

Hope this helps with any confusion on pricing.

Keep in mind these are not the $20.00 ebay made in China deals. These will not slip off the brackets like some of the ebay items. I know, I had them on older rides.

Do you want a PM or just a reply here?

I'll order a set with Grid finish and no anodizing.

How do we handle our order and discount once you get all ten?

How do we handle our order and discount once you get all ten?

Gentlemen,

Once I see that there are atleast 5 solid purchasers, I will tell Chip we are ready to order. He will give me a code to add to the checkout page of his website. It will be for 20% off the items ordered-Not the shipping. You guys will order yourselves on the performancepedals.com website.

If you are in, please say so on this open forum.

Thank You!

2 more people needed to make this order work!

Buzz

By the way. I get no more in return for this other than the 20%. Trying to do us all a favor.

Buzz

Gentlemen,

Once I see that there are atleast 5 solid purchasers, I will tell Chip we are ready to order. He will give me a code to add to the checkout page of his website. It will be for 20% off the items ordered-Not the shipping. You guys will order yourselves on the performancepedals.com website.

Thank You!

I thought you needed 10? Here you say 5, yet up on 4/27, you had five, so where are we on this?

I thought you needed 10? Here you say 5, yet up on 4/27, you had five, so where are we on this?

After I spoke with Chip asking him about the wear and tear of anodizing the pedals. He asked if the forum had 10 buyers. I said I almost have five and isnt progressing well. He said that's fine. If I get at-least 5 people on this he will give the discount. Great guy!

One of you backed out after 4-27-2014 via PM.

Buzz

1)CorpFlyBoy
2)MikeCallery
3)txaggie
4)PlatinumSport14
5)christglenn

Waiting for a pm reply from the following who was on the fence:
1)about94ninjas

Please confirm all that have been listed via the open thread.

Corpflyboy-Im In!

Still in. :D

I think you might get more than 5 once you get the discount code, people may jump on board at that point. For about $100 this is a pretty decent little spiff up for your Explorer!

I think you might get more than 5 once you get the discount code, people may jump on board at that point. For about $100 this is a pretty decent little spiff up for your Explorer!

Are you in?

Black grid with silver counter sink.

As in the picture just below the main pic to the left...the picture desciption does not state that it is the grid, but it is.

I just hope the black anodizing is not a wear item that fades from use.

http://www.performancepedals.com/fordpedals/fordexplorerpedals.html

These are really nice, but as a fan of BMX and currently restoring a few bikes, anodizing is quite delicate.
Think of the black, red, blue, & gold coloring on old school BMX bikes.
It can last a while but on pedals, it hardly ever lasts.

It will be fine on areas that your foot wont touch, but anything else will wear to the metal underneath.
If you choose the knurled /textured pedals, then only the raised points will wear to the metal, and the remaining surface will still be black. That would probably still look good, a nice contrast.

For a daily driver I would give them a year or so... still they are great looking pedals and if they offer the sure grip that they claim, well worth it.

Discount code is being sent via PM.

Thank You Chip!

Buzz

Ordered!

By the way. The discount code is good til 05-31-2014

Buzz

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for your help with this. I just placed my order for the Black Grid with Silver Countersink. Looking forward to the change and more toys for my Ex.

Back