new SYNC Software V3.7 update | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new SYNC Software V3.7 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree. This is not something the dealer will be able to fix. It is 100% tied to software rebooting.

TSB 14-0175 was issued a week or two ago that fixed the ambient lighting issue. The files that are swapped are DA5T-14D544-BD (V3.6) and EA5T-14D546-AMA. neither of which is included in the 3.7 update. So the dealer WILL be able to fix this issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

- If your vehicle is a 2011-2013, you are up to date at 3.6.2; if you have a 2014 or 2015, proceed to downloading 3.7.

:)

Rebecca

Is the update valid for a 2014-2015 Focus?

TSB 14-0175 was issued a week or two ago that fixed the ambient lighting issue. The files that are swapped are DA5T-14D544-BD (V3.6) and EA5T-14D546-AMA. neither of which is included in the 3.7 update. So the dealer WILL be able to fix this issue.
Good point. I forgot about that entirely. I remember mentioning that to my dealer over the phone when I scheduled an appointment to get my Winter tires and they didn't know what I was referring to so I sent them a copy of the TSB.

Peter

Unfortunately tsb 14-0175 will not be completed by the dealer if they follow the TSB and you have installed 3.7, reason being is the TSB advises to check the version number and it will not match. Hopefully "they" included the ambient lighting fix within the generic 3.7 combined patch file.

Not sure why you think the files are swapped? The EA5T-14D546-AMA is an additional file loaded into the APIM. It didn't replace anything.

Not sure why you think the files are swapped? The EA5T-14D546-AMA is an additional file loaded into the APIM. It didn't replace anything.

After re-reading the procedure, I stand corrected, Thanks!

I have gone against the rules and installed 3.7 in my 13 MY Taurus. It loaded in and worked just fine (so far). I am going to read it to see if the ambient lighting fix file is still there or not. Just have to get around to it.

EDIT2:
Sitting in my Sport now, update just finished. Took about 35 minutes. Had to re-pare my iPhone 5 and the clock is on Central Time but that was to be expected. The only thing I saw not mentioned in Ford's "steps" was that the xml file to report back wasn't in the root of my thumb drive. It was in the folder "SyncMyRide". Not a biggie to me. Gen2-V3.7 Okay, off the get the front windows tinted like the rear.

What version shows on your MFT? Version 3.6.2 was 4.30.13171_PRODUCT.

Is the update valid for a 2014-2015 Focus?

It sure is, but we have taken it offline for now.

FYI 2014/2015 Owners: We are working on correcting the zip file extraction concern and have temporarily removed 3.7 from support.ford.com. If you wish to have it applied right now, please contact your dealer.

Rebecca

Rebecca

I have gone against the rules and installed 3.7 in my 13 MY Taurus. It loaded in and worked just fine (so far). I am going to read it to see if the ambient lighting fix file is still there or not. Just have to get around to it.

Please update us on this when you get a chance. I just had my dealership perform the TSB and will not being updating to 3.7 if the ambient lighting problem is going to come back.

Hi again, everyone!

- If your vehicle is a 2011-2013, you are up to date at 3.6.2;

:)

Rebecca

Not that there is a lot in this update (thought the nav mute button would be nice), is this our notice that those of us with 2013 and earlier are not getting anymore updates?

Not that there is a lot in this update (thought the nav mute button would be nice), is this our notice that those of us with 2013 and earlier are not getting anymore updates?

They've already stated Applink isn't coming. Not sure what else anyone would be waiting on. There's zero chance of an upgrade to a "new platform".

Downloaded update 3.7. Had to use Zip7 program to open the file. Ran the update last night and had to repair my Iphone. My radio presets and saved destinations were intact after the update. Had to reload wallpapers but everything is working fine so far. Have not had any issues with the updates I have installed so far..

Ya, I'm wondering about this too. Have we been abandoned?

What version shows on your MFT? Version 3.6.2 was 4.30.13171_PRODUCT.

Just checked it when I got in from work a bit ago. With the GEN2-V3.7 update, software version is as follows.

CCPU S/W Version: 4.32.14122_PRODUCT

60 mile round trip to the office today, didn't notice anything weird happening.
Hope this helps.

I noted the few changes in my post 28. Not sure why the update doesn't apply to all 5th gen.

Peter

I noted the few changes in my post 28. Not sure why the update doesn't apply to all 5th gen.

Peter

Yeah. That does seem odd. Especially since it's just a software update that seems to be just visual changes some of which we used to have.

When I visited syncmyride, I was greeted with the whole "A new myford touch update is here!" After I logged in there was a big "A new myford touch update is here!" So... I click here as instructed and I am kindly told:

Your SYNC is up-to-date!

Now, you’re running the fastest, simplest and best version of SYNC

Yeah, I call BS. Me thinks we have been left out in the cold, once again. Oh well.

It sure is, but we have taken it offline for now.

Rebecca

Rebecca,

The TSB for the Ambient Lighting fix(TSB 14-0175) says "1.If the last five numeric digits (e.g. 4.30.13171.PRODUCT) are 13171, proceed to Step 2.
2.If the last five numeric digits are not 13171, this article does not apply. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 417-02 for normal diagnosis.

My concern is if I install the MFT update v3.7 it changes the version number to CCPU S/W Version: 4.32.14122_PRODUCT. Will the dealer still do the ambient lighting TSB?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They've already stated Applink isn't coming. Not sure what else anyone would be waiting on. There's zero chance of an upgrade to a "new platform".

I believe there's a 99.9% chance of an upgrade to a "new platform".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back