Recall 19S17 and front alignment q's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recall 19S17 and front alignment q's

I use our Lincoln dealer. Free loaners, plus they are small so I deal with the same service advisor / manager each time because he is the only one.

Do you use the Lincoln dealer for your explorer? I see you have a Ford and a Lincoln. Just curious because I wasn't aware you get free loaners at Lincoln when your Ford is serviced there if I am understanding you correctly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you use the Lincoln dealer for your explorer? I see you have a Ford and a Lincoln. Just curious because I wasn't aware you get free loaners at Lincoln when your Ford is serviced there if I am understanding you correctly.
Yes. Started taking the Explorer there also. They do the free loaners as part of their service offering for all cars. The pickup and delivery though is only on the MkC. They don't have many loaners (you have to schedule them) so I only do that for something that takes longer than an hour on the Explorer but for the MkC we use the pickup and delivery for everything. Usually the have an MkX with the 2.7 or an MkC as loaners. I think they keep 1 Navigator on hand for those owners.

I forgot to mention that our Lincoln dealer was sold about a year ago. The new owner also owned a Ford dealer about 10 miles away, plus the Chevy and Cadillac dealership next door. The service advisor/manager came over from the Ford dealership so he is well aware of the issues with Explorers. They then sold the Ford dealership to another local multi-dealership owner. There are 2 major Ford dealers in town plus about 4 within another 30 miles from the city limits. The two in town are both huge volume dealers. Lincoln is more personal. It is nice to get to know the people instead of having a revolving door.

Yes. Started taking the Explorer there also. They do the free loaners as part of their service offering for all cars......................
My dealer does the same thing. It doesn't matter if the vehicle being serviced is a Ford, Lincoln or any other brand.

Peter

My dealer does the same thing. It doesn't matter if the vehicle being serviced is a Ford, Lincoln or any other brand.

Peter
I need to go to your dealer, sounds way better than what we have up north.

Just a quick update on my post earlier in this thread. Yesterday I received a email from Ford asking for my experience at the dealer. Before "flaming" them I went to the dealer and talked with the General Sales Manager, I explained how I wanted a print out of the alignment after the warranty work. I told him how the printer was not working.... he also thought that sounded very odd. After a few minutes in his office (I requested the office and not on the sales floor where our conversation started) we went back to the service dept. and went over my concerns.

The long and short is the dealer is paying for a 4 wheel alignment...… I just hope their printer is working this time!

The only question I have; is why should I drive back to the dealer for them to make things right? Why cant they do it right the first time?

Hi all, I got my third letter from Ford about the toe link recall (19S17). I have taken it in every time for this and the dealer has fixed it “allegedly” all three times. This last time though, the toe links looked entirely different, they are no longer adjustable in the middle. They are one solid piece now, with slotted grooves to adjust them at the end. I have had the car back two days now and every time I hit a bump, the rear end sways. This never happened with the old toe links. Has anybody else experienced this? If not, does that sound normal to anybody, I don’t think that is normal.

Hi all, I got my third letter from Ford about the toe link recall (19S17). I have taken it in every time for this and the dealer has fixed it “allegedly” all three times. This last time though, the toe links looked entirely different, they are no longer adjustable in the middle. They are one solid piece now, with slotted grooves to adjust them at the end. I have had the car back two days now and every time I hit a bump, the rear end sways. This never happened with the old toe links. Has anybody else experienced this? If not, does that sound normal to anybody, I don’t think that is normal.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Did they do an alignment?

Peter

Back