• Register Today It's free!

Recall ?

Saffer

Reaction score
City, State
Torrance, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
Hi, got a call from Ford today at the house, my wife took the call and said it was some electronic recording stating that my Ex might be part of a recall.

Did anyone get this call also, do you know what the latest recall might be ?

Thanks

PS Already had the car in recently for the fan recall.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, got a call from Ford today at the house, my wife took the call and said it was some electronic recording stating that my Ex might be part of a recall.

Thanks

Interesting, let us know if you here more. A quick Google revealed nothing, nor did an inquiry into safecar.gov

Perhaps our Ford Customer Service reps can confirm or deny.

Be careful though not to give out personal information over the phone to someone that calls you. Its possible its a scam, trick, or a marketer.

Thanks

Hi Saffer,

Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks!

Crystal

The only recall is probably the seat on certain 2011 models.
And here is the low down on that;

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/07/2011-ford-explorer-faces-recall-for-seat-recline-mechanism/

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has issued a notice on its website that Ford is recalling 1,658 new Explorers equipped with manual recline second row seats. The potential defect, which covers some Explorers built between July 15, 2010 and December 13, 2010, is the manual recliner mechanism on the 60 side of the 60/40 split second row bench seat. NHTSA says that the components are "out of dimensional specification," and that in the event of a crash the seat back may not provide the required strength to protect second row occupants.

Owners of the Explorers in question will be contacted by Ford and asked to bring their vehicle to the nearest Ford dealer for free of charge repairs. Ford dealers will reportedly be equipped to repair the compromised part beginning February 14, 2011. Hit the jump to read over the NHTSA press release.

I ordered my Explorer Dec. 22, 2010 and do remember that the factory production was held up for a while as this problem was addressed. Many of the 'built' vehicles sitting in the factory lot ended up going back into the factory to address this issue.
I would have thought that all impacted Explorers would have been corrected by now.

Peter

Hi Saffer,

Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks!

Crystal

Thanks, PM sent

Thanks for all the responses

I looked up the recalls against my vin at Ford Owner Site and it showed nothing.

I would not that put that past them, they have sent me a reminder for my 40K service but I am still only at 35k.

Back