1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap

Niiice. Beating me to the first gen LS swap. Starting mine this winter after the wheeling season (if I ever actually get out wheeling this year)

I've got a rehomed ~550hp drag lm7, np435, Dana 20.

It's got all G-body swap parts on it right now so those should help clearances. Not sure if the camaro exaust manifolds will work yet. We will see.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks awesome so far! LS sit waaaaay low in there room for everything!!
Would like to see the oil pan mods and engine mounts if possible
It fits well, but to say it fits better then a SBF!!! Sacrilege!! LMFAO

Run what ya brung! This Gen I looks like it will "bring it" nicely.

Definitely need pictures of how the bezel was mounted to the factory dash section.

Any updates on this? Final fuel cell mounting.... What are plans for spare location? Looking at doing fuel cell next on mine. What dimensions on cell did you use. Thanks
fuel cell is a fuel safe 32 gal will be mounted where its currently sitting but need to wait for tube work, spare will be mounted over cell laying flat , haven't really done much but cleaning up wiring, and removing all the wires and fuses not being used , switched from oem stand alone harness to Fitech harness and ecu . here some pics

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Niiice. Beating me to the first gen LS swap. Starting mine this winter after the wheeling season (if I ever actually get out wheeling this year)

I've got a rehomed ~550hp drag lm7, np435, Dana 20.

It's got all G-body swap parts on it right now so those should help clearances. Not sure if the camaro exaust manifolds will work yet. We will see.

i had originally swapped it with the truck accessories and i ended up ordering the holley mid mount accessories for clearance with the hood, this is the headers i ended up using Patriot Exhaust H8073 Clippster Header, 82-95 Chevy S-10, Black

looks awesome so far! LS sit waaaaay low in there room for everything!!
Would like to see the oil pan mods and engine mounts if possible
It fits well, but to say it fits better then a SBF!!! Sacrilege!! LMFAO

Run what ya brung! This Gen I looks like it will "bring it" nicely.

dirty dingo mounts 70-78 datsun 280z mounts mounted backwards so the mount would land on the cross member, my pan wouldn't clear because of the dana 44 bracket for the beam, might try and push the motor back more so i can get a pan that isnt all hacked up in there again.

its a piece of aluminum cut and riveted into the oem trim, will be for selling once i go to a fiberglass dash

Id be interested in the trim, depending on how soon you're planning to upgrade to glass.

Id be interested in the trim, depending on how soon you're planning to upgrade to glass.

I’ll let u know probably like a month or so or till they have room to take my truck in lol

Alternator
Interesting, Ive got a 3 inch body lift, that i dislike but am keeping it thinking it may help with things when the LS gets dropped in.

I’ll let u know probably like a month or so or till they have room to take my truck in lol

Thats pretty quick. What are you looking to get out of it?

fuel cell is a fuel safe 32 gal will be mounted where its currently sitting but need to wait for tube work, spare will be mounted over cell laying flat , haven't really done much but cleaning up wiring, and removing all the wires and fuses not being used , switched from oem stand alone harness to Fitech harness and ecu . here some pics

View attachment 172642

View attachment 172643

View attachment 172644

View attachment 172645

With spare laying flat are you going to build some kind of lift for it to fill cell or planning on pulling out when filling?

I have my spare back there also and getting close to pulling trigger on cell and just trying to look ahead.

With spare laying flat are you going to build some kind of lift for it to fill cell or planning on pulling out when filling?

I have my spare back there also and getting close to pulling trigger on cell and just trying to look ahead.
My new rear fiberglass has full hole so I need to figure out how to make it all work, the spare will be mounted to some sort of tire holder

two vertical spares give you room for a filler neck to go around them?

Yeah all take it off your hands

That’s going to be a fun ride.

Any updates on this build?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back