How to: 3rd Gen LED Halo Headlight Mod | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: 3rd Gen LED Halo Headlight Mod

funny you say that, I ordered mine from China a month ago too.. I think its supposed to be delivered 10/31/2020 lol not really but still a long time! Post a pic of your lookin forward to seeing them!

Minus well be 2020. Apparently its really difficult to clear customs with random objects like this haha. The wiring was a bit cheap and it came off the terminals on the positive and negative for the power, I just re soldered it and it works perfectly. Im not sure when im going to have time to do this but ill post pictures when its finished :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

these look awesome!!! just wanted to know are these replacing the standard headlight bulbs or just adding a great look. bright enough to night drive???

these look awesome!!! just wanted to know are these replacing the standard headlight bulbs or just adding a great look. bright enough to night drive???

Not replacing headlight bulb. Just adding a "halo" ring around it. Lights will be the same

So I finally got around to doing this and had a little hiccup. As I had everything in place, I also superglued them in place, just in case, as I brought the headlams lens down after supergluing it, realized that one of my wires came out from behind the halo and forced me to remove the halo from the car and seeing how the superglue already began to set and I didnt have time to fix the halo, I just glued it together with the one big halo. In order to remove the current superglue, I understand I need to heat up the lamp in the oven, My question is in doing this, will it cause any harm to the existing halo that is in the lamp or will it be protected in some way shape or form and the heat only be attracted to the super glue.

Sorry, my punctuation sucks :)

Just want to share my newly installed halos

Back