• Register Today It's free!

Magnaflow Exhaust

xTOM153x

Reaction score
City, State
West Islip Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
I made a thread a while ago about which muffler to get Flowmaster or Magnaflow but couldn't decide. I recently ran into a good amount of money and just decided to get the full blown cat back exhaust considering I am going to get a tune from James in about a month or two. I just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with the exhaust. I saw the reviews on auto anything and they're all almost five stars just wondering if anyone has any vids or pics of the exhaust. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am guessing you are going for power rather than sound. So I would recommend Magnaflow, less restrictive thus more power. Are you planning on doing headers in the future?

Check out the "5.0 Exhaust Thread"

PAGES UPON PAGES of exhaust info, clips, videos, etc.

I made a thread a while ago about which muffler to get Flowmaster or Magnaflow but couldn't decide. I recently ran into a good amount of money and just decided to get the full blown cat back exhaust considering I am going to get a tune from James in about a month or two. I just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with the exhaust. I saw the reviews on auto anything and they're all almost five stars just wondering if anyone has any vids or pics of the exhaust. Thanks

I actually have it installed in my truck. Sounds pretty good, especially when its floored. Power gains were noticeable.

IMG_0502.jpg

I am quite pleased with it on my 4.6L. It is a great upgrade for the price.

was it difficult to install?

I had my mechanic do it. Didnt have the patience. Bolts at the muffler were rusted too much. Otherwise it really shouldnt be too bad. Just cut the pipe at the bend and remove off the hangers etcc

I am also considering removing the 3rd cat. I am aware it has no O2 sensor after it so it won't throw a code but will it still pass inspection. I live on Long Island in NY.

I am also considering removing the 3rd cat. I am aware it has no O2 sensor after it so it won't throw a code but will it still pass inspection. I live on Long Island in NY.

If it doesnt throw a code I would assume it will pass.

I tried a couple places by me in Queens and they refused to remove it. If you find a place out on the island let me know because I would really like to get mine removed.

Nope, it was quite simple, less than two hours total. Make sure you can get the bolts lose prior to starting the installation; Kroil or other penetrating oil might be necessary to soak for a day or so before hand. It helps to have a hand grinder or some sort of cut-off tool to remove the pipe from over the axle. Other than that, it is easy to slide into place.

Had a MagnaFlow muffler (11256) with custom 2.5" pipe from the cat back on my 4.0. Engine definitely felt less restricted when accelerating.

Back