need help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

kcbme

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 sport trac 4x2
Two days ago I got my system put in. I have an aftermarket HU, 4 door speakers with 4 channel amp, 2 10s with a mono block, and a viper security system. When i was getting out of my car i hit the unlock button on my 2002 ford explorer sport trac and as soon as I did the loudest most highest pitch noise ever started screaming out of the speakers to the point where I could not turn on the truck(even at 0 volume). I called the place that installed and they told me to unplug the rca cables to the speakers and that stopped the noise (the subs still work fine), he said he would fix it but I have to drive 45 mins each way. I was wondering if possibly someone on here could maybe help me fix it so I can save some gas :D. Kind of a noobie at car audio but will do my best if any other info is needed about the install.
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man, I wish I could offer you something, but I don't know. It happened when you hit the power lock button!?!?! That is the weirdest thing I've ever heard...I think you're gonna be stuck driving out. Make him fix it. If you try to fix and end up screwing something else up, you're up a creek without a paddle.

Yeah, don't bother trying. Let him fix it

yah I dont want to mess with anything unless I know what im doing so i think im going to just make the drive this weekend

Back