No Fuel from tank to filter (or engine) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Fuel from tank to filter (or engine)

buckaroo banzai

Reaction score
Having trouble getting my 95 explorer 4.0 start. The starter is firing and the plugs are also firing. I have no pressure at the shrader valve. I changed the fuel filter and while the filter was off i turned the ignition to on position and can hear the pump working yet no fuel comes out of the line.

Looking for lose wires near coil and cant find any.

I noticed that a sensor component that fits into the air intake had come off and there was a large hole exposed where the sensor had went. I put the sensor back in and it hasnt remedied the problem..
(possible that something go into manifold?)

also about a week before this i heard a loud buzzing coming from my steering column. It drove fine for a few days after that. Checked all my fuses they are all fine.

Could it be my pcm? ive heard that the pcm shuts down the pump if the vaccum line has a hole in it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can hear the pump turn on, but no fuel at filter & nothing flowing all over the ground = 1. you have a serious kink/obstruction in the fuel line OR 2. pump is broken OR 3. fuel line is leaking/disconnected in the tank OR 4. pick-up sock is caked or came off and junk has clogged the pump. Unfortunately you will probably have to drop the tank to check #1, and all three others require removing the pump from the tank to check them.

If no fuel came out of the fuel line the problem is inside the tank somewhere as stated before. You may find the small hose from the pump to the feed tube has split-or, the pump impeller is broken. Either way being an older truck I'd replace the fuel pump and sock with new since you are going in anyway.

I would shy away from a cheap pump, as it may fail soon, causing you to troubleshoot other issues thinking "the pump is new"

understood

thanks again..

(looks at rusted tank skid plate)(takes blood pressure pill)

Search for " gas tank access panel" . It involves cutting a hole in the floor but if you cut out a larger piece of sheet metal,off a roll of flashing say, and RTV it over the hole with some self tapping screws,you wil forget it is there. :thumbsup:

That is until you need the trap door again, at which time you will thank yourself .

Like I need mine today to bend the float lever down a tad. My new pump assy reads 1/4 tank low because I forgot to adjust the float lever.

Search for " gas tank access panel" . It involves cutting a hole in the floor but if you cut out a larger piece of sheet metal,off a roll of flashing say, and RTV it over the hole with some self tapping screws,you wil forget it is there. :thumbsup:

That is until you need the trap door again, at which time you will thank yourself .

Like I need mine today to bend the float lever down a tad. My new pump assy reads 1/4 tank low because I forgot to adjust the float lever.

my cousin was bragging that his import has a factory made door over his tank...

oh well.. think im going to drain as much gas out as i can ...

Tried hitting the tank a few times. It didnt work.

darn

Back