Something Doesn't Look Right... *several pics* | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Something Doesn't Look Right... *several pics*

PDRM0557a.jpg

PDRM0561a.jpg

PDRM0563a.jpg

PDRM0564a.jpg

something doesn't look right there, eh? haha... yeah, so that was after getting about 3ft of air, on the front-end only. That happend over the summer, but I never realized it 'til like maybe a month ago. Doesn't seem to have affected the ride at all, I don't think anyway. Never had any problems after it happend.
Here's a couple more pics, although none of catching air :(

PDRM0415a.jpg

the side skirt won't go back together...

PDRM0416a.jpg

The driver's side tire caught the inner lip of the fender, and caused that. Yup, the tire got a little damage done to it too.

PDRM0417a.jpg

kinda hard to see, but there's some fairly deep gouges from the fender.

definately man, lemme know what ya find out when ya replace it.

Haha, it's fun to take them flying, I tool mine off the road in january, going down some little highway. My friends were driving to the nearest walmart at like 1am, and I didn't know where I was going. So there's a fork coming up and i ask him, he says to go straight, so I do, then at the last minute he says, GO LEFT! Well it was really icy, and I thought it was going to make the turn, then it started to slip on me. I knew I wasn't going to make it, luckily i got it straightened out, and went flying at 45mph right between 2 signs, I probably had 2" of clearance on my drivers side, and I clipped the passenger side view mirror. We went down into the ditch, it was about 4 feet deep. I'm probably lucky I was going so fast, if we would have gone in slow we would have gotten stuck, it was really muddy. So after a little manuvering I got it back on the road, and all was fine. The thing that pisses me off though is a guy going the opposite direction saw us go flying into the ditch and didn't even stop to help. Well anyway we're all ok and that's what matters. I love my X that thing is a tank.

Back