STS Turbo For 08 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

STS Turbo For 08 Explorer

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
Hi there you guys i have an 08 explorer v6 and was thinking about getting an sts turbo installed in my truck tell me what you guys think. I already contacted them and they said that my truck would be safe at about 8psi with stock motor. Do you think the transmission will be fine or what they say my hp and tq should go from stock 166hp and 177tq to around 300hp and 310tq. tell me what you guys think thanks.

http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_turbo_systems

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For the the money you'll spend, you're better off selling the rig and buying a mustang or similar. It's a universal kit, so it'll cost you and arm and leg to get it to work. And the most important thing is never believe what hp/tq numbers they tell you. Every company inflates their numbers. I'm not flaming sts (their a good company) but do some research with real world people who've done this before.

for the the money you'll spend, you're better off selling the rig and buying a mustang or similar. It's a universal kit, so it'll cost you and arm and leg to get it to work. And the most important thing is never believe what hp/tq numbers they tell you. Every company inflates their numbers. I'm not flaming sts (their a good company) but do some research with real world people who've done this before.

+1.

If you want an Explorer and 300~ hp then just trade it in for the V8.

Back