tearing out my POS ford remote starter | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tearing out my POS ford remote starter

I wholeheartedly agree! The Remote Starter that FORD sells for $500 is a P.O.S! Mine will work from 20 ft away once, tehn only 10ft away the next time, then sometimes not at all standing right beside the vehicle! WTF!!!!!

I am in a battle with the dealership and soon Ford Canada to get this ripped out and my money back OR a better Aftermarket one installed in its place!

Will let you know what happens.

FORD - Forget Operating Remote Drive?
Welcome to the Forum carguy64.:wavey:
Please don't take this the wrong way but you do know that this is a Ford Explorer forum, eh? I don't know if the Escape uses the same remote start system the the 5th gen Explorer does. Have you tried posting your concern on a Ford Escape forum?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wholeheartedly agree! The Remote Starter that FORD sells for $500 is a P.O.S! Mine will work from 20 ft away once, then only 10ft away the next time, then sometimes not at all standing right beside the vehicle! WTF!!!!!

I am in a battle with the dealership and soon Ford Canada to get this ripped out and my money back OR a better Aftermarket one installed in its place!

Will let you know what happens.

FORD - Forget Operating Remote Drive?
First post? Nice - especially since it's not even in an Explorer.

I have an Explorer XLT and the add on starter works great. It will start the car from 400 feet away in the city, through the walls of the grocery store, etc. I'd rather have the cellular unit that's now available, but this one was my best choice at the time.

I've had my 2014 Limited since late August.

I ordered the remote start from the factory and love it.

I start my car in the garage from my closed bedroom on the other side of the house.

I've started it from at least 50 yards away in a parking lot.

The only issue I have with it is that you have to press the lock button before pressing the remote start button twice, other wise I love the feature and almost didn't get it.

I start my car in the garage from my closed bedroom on the other side of the house.

The only issue I have with it is that you have to press the lock button before pressing the remote start button twice, other wise I love the feature and almost didn't get it.
Although I don't use mine very often, I start it also in the garage from inside the house. The only thing is that for some reason I have to go through the remote start procedure 2 times before it fires up. It will never start on the first attempt.:scratch:

Peter

The only thing Ive found with ours is that the range really depends on the angle on which your approaching. Approaching from the front seems to work the best as Ive had it start from around 75 yards with no issues. But from other angles it seems like your on top of it before it responds.

Although I don't use mine very often, I start it also in the garage from inside the house. The only thing is that for some reason I have to go through the remote start procedure 2 times before it fires up. It will never start on the first attempt.

I have found that the 2 pushes have to be distinctly separate pushes with a 1/2 to 1 second between pushes..

If you push the button twice rapidly it won't start.

Since I figured that out it starts 9 out of ten times with no problem.

Although I don't use mine very often, I start it also in the garage from inside the house. The only thing is that for some reason I have to go through the remote start procedure 2 times before it fires up. It will never start on the first attempt.

I have found that the 2 pushes have to be distinctly separate pushes with a 1/2 to 1 second between pushes..

If you push the button twice rapidly it won't start.

Since I figured that out it starts 9 out of ten times with no problem.
By golly, that worked. I'm sure I tried the same thing before without success. Now let's see if it works the next time. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Peter

The Remote Starter that FORD sells for $500 is a P.O.S! Mine will work from 20 ft away once, then only 10ft away the next time, then sometimes not at all standing right beside the vehicle! WTF!!!!!
my money back OR a better Aftermarket one installed in its place!

Hi carguy64,

I would like to look into this. Please send me the year and odometer reading; I will research the available resources. ;)

Kwasi

What do you mean you almost didn't get it? Remote start is standard on Limiteds.

I originally wanted an XLT and went with the Limited instead.

Back