Truxedo Black Stoping Production Mid-April? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truxedo Black Stoping Production Mid-April?

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
I read somewhere in another thread that Seni mentioned that the Explorers with the paint colors tied to Japan will no longer be manufactured starting Mid-April.

Has anybody else heard this?

I sent a PM to Seni but no response yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is the quote you are referring to:

Seni said:
The paint colors affected are Tuxedo Black, Red Candy, Royal Red, and Red Fire. Vehicle lines affected include F150, Super Duty, Expedition, Navigator, Taurus, MKS, Explorer, Focus, and Ranger. Final production of these colors is expected in mid-April and alternative replacement colors are under investigation. If you have a vehicle on order with a dealership, please keep in touch with the sales department who can provide more information about the status of your order.

I ordered 3/18, VIN 4/8, but no build date or window sticker for my Red Candy Limited yet, so mine will be built after mid-April. However, I figure there is not much to do but wait and see how it plays out.

I got my build date today of 4/21. EX limited black tuxedo. It might me last batch or so.

I had this happen to me on a new vehicle before and since the substitute color varied I had to sign off on the new color. It will probably cause a wave of resubmitted orders. I was actually going to order Tux black but the executive committee (read: wife) overrode my choice. I have to hide this thread from her so I don't get an "I told you so".

I got a build date of 4/20 for my tux black XLT. Hope it holds to that date.

Thanks for the information. I wanted a Tuxedo Black Ex but ordered Sterling Grey on 4/11 because I heard about the possible black paint issue and did not want my order held up because of paint when others have already experienced some unusual delay without the paint issue (plus, I am a little lazy and the black car while looking really great clean, won't after a day or two in my driveway).

I am glad now that I did not order black. I can tell I have a long wait ahead as I am already pining for a car I just ordered and I know won't arrive till June/July at the earliest.

I gotta say...

For Ford to be unable to produce a black vehicle is pretty lame.

Henry Ford himself made black cars famous with these words:

"You can have any color car you want. As long as it's black"

I gotta say...

For Ford to be unable to produce a black vehicle is pretty lame.

Henry Ford himself made black cars famous with these words:

"You can have any color car you want. As long as it's black"

I agree....however I have a friend that is a painter and he says that 98% of car paint is now manufactured over seas. :thumbdwn:

FYI just got my VIN today and was told build date of may 2.

limited
302a
tow pkg
tuxedo black

they probably found someone to replace the previous supplier. Car companies always have several suppliers in order in case they are unable to fulfill their orders.

Man I sure hope not! My build date is 4/19. Mine is a Limited in Tuxedo Black.

Man I sure hope not! My build date is 4/19. Mine is a Limited in Tuxedo Black.

If you have a build date I would hope your fine. I don't even have a VIN.

Im pretty sure this wont be an issue for long as they will be going to their next paint supplier ASAP

Back