Uwahrrie, NC Run - November 29-30 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwahrrie, NC Run - November 29-30

so what's the plan.. is this still a go? time is approaching really quick!
who is still interested?
who will definately make it?

i can still make it for the weekend of the 7th. i will likely be camping or staying with a friend that lives about 30 minutes away. i'll camp if anyone else wants to.

can i get a show of hands as to who is going for sure...
and do any of you know the trail system there other than jason_25? jason where are you man?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will definitely go.

adamsguitar... no offense to you.. but if its just us two.. i will probably skip out.
i know jason_25 isn't going as i got in touch with him. he can't get off work.
i don't know who else that leaves. seems like the trip lost interest. maybe a bunch of folks will decide to go this weekend...

None taken :)

I have a friend going along with me, so I won't be alone up there.

If people are going up this weekend, I'd be up for that, too.

i assume jason_25 is planning to go this weekend still. i don't know for sure though.

Sorry I can't go. If it was the week after that and not during final exams, there would be a possibility. Damn exams :mad:

Well I'm heading out tomorrow for a day trip as that's the only time I can take off of work.

Hopefully we can get a better organized run in the spring when the forest opens back up.

Do you mean to Uwharrie, or somewhere else? If it's too Uwharrie, we should meet.

Sweet! Someone can still go.

Can you make it to uwharrie tomorrow? If so, we need to definitely meet.

You bet. I'll leave in the morning. When and where should we meet?

Ok here's

Originally posted by Jason_25
Ok here's

...and with that, Jason_25's internet connection died...

Ok here's a map of the trail system itself, although it's not terribly accurate :rolleyes:
http://members.dialstar.com/ezduzit/uwharrie.gif

And here's some short directions:
From Troy, NC:
The forest is 10 miles north of Troy, Troy is west of Sanford. From Troy, head north on NC 109, turn west (left) onto Mullinix Road. Proceed about 1.5 miles. Trail head is about .25 miles to the right after pavement turns to gravel.

If you pass mullinix rd. and stay on 109 for 2 or 3 miles you'll find a gas station on the left where all the wheelers go to air up and grab stuff to eat. We hope to meet you there at 12:00. Is that cool?

My cell # is (252) 670-1962 . Be sure to call me if you have any questions.

Sounds good! Mine is 704-408-5286

Mappoint tells me it will take us almost 2 hours to get there. Do you have any idea if that's accurate coming from Charlotte? It's fine if it is, I just need to know when we need to leave.

I'd say that sounds about right, but I bet that number assumes you will be following the speed limit :D

To guess, I would say closer to an hour and a half.

Do you plan to wheel your truck?

Right now it's me (very mild explorer), my friend with a chevy on 37" boggers, Kspride, and his friend with a Tacoma.

I'll definitely be wheeling my truck. Gotta get my feet wet and all :)

To be safe I guess we'll leave at 10:00. We'll make sure to take some magazines to read ;)

The "we" is my dad and me; he wanted to tag along and see what it's like, too.

Cool Adam I will see you tomorrow!

But BTW KSPRIDE had to back out. No matter, we will still have fun.

Damn! I should've checked the board last night. I would've went today. (kicking myself in the ass)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, it seems we missed you, Jason. I heard you call me, but the area of signal I passed through seemed to be about 10 feet long, so I couldn't hear you. We finally got to the Amoco you talked about at around 12:30, so we decided to go it alone. We ended up driving around the forest for about an hour trying to find a trail (their map isn't exactly accurate, or to scale, for that matter). We ended up going on Wolf Den over to something Dam. Yeah, um, I don't think that's what we should have gone on, as I think it was an ATV trail. There were little ATV "jump hills" about every 20 feet that I had to drive over, and I never once saw another truck on that trail, just a lot of ATV's and two dirt bikes.

I have some pictures of the first part of the trail on my digicam and will be uploading them to my site later tonight (click The Green Lantern), but the latter portion has no pictures, as I was too busy avoiding ATV's and dancing around rocks and my dad was a bit scared ;)

Too bad we missed you, man. Give me a call the next time you plan to head there again and we can actually meet, since I know where it is now. Maybe then I'll get on a trail that's intended for SUV's :p

Back