Uwahrrie, NC Run - November 29-30 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwahrrie, NC Run - November 29-30

Friday and Saturday? Sounds good.

I think I'm having family come for Thanksgiving though, that might put a damper on my plans

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've wanted to wheel there for a long time....

I'm new to this board but I'm gonna try and haul my ranger up there for this. Are any of you seriously modified? I always like to check out other peoples mods. My ranger's sitting on afull width 44 and 8.8, locked and welded, 37" Swampers. I'll keep checking back to get the final date. I'm gonna try and get some other buddies to come if thats ok. Not all are Rangers or Ex's, but all good guys who I've wheeled with for years. All over 18, and all experienced drivers. Hope this turns out well. Later. Coda

Coda, you are welcome to come. Whereever you go, I will follow. I will be able to hold my own. Not everyone shares that opinion though. My buddy is hopefully gonna take his fullsize chevy with 37's out there so you will certainly have another big dawg with you out there.

Because of the vast difference in trucks, and depending on how many people want to go, we may need to split up into two groups. Uwharrie is a fairly good size places so that would be no problem.

if there are no spare front seats for the tellico run... i will likely come to this one.
as it looks right now... i'm waiting to see if dave (taxxman2k) goes to tellico. he is the only one that would have a front seat available, and i don't want to ride in the back seats.. you can't see anything from there! anyway, i'll let you know whenever he finds out.

hum, that 18 rule is bull. i can see where y'all are coming from on that. but, it won't matter for me anymore this Friday.
I bet you could get a parent to sign to liability waiver. maybe a possibility? It could get a lot more people involved.

edit-oh yeah and by the way? how come no one will admit me to ecx? i think my truck qualifies. Everyone just assumes it's just some teenager looking for a sticker.

How is it bull? If you don't like it, don't come. It's as simple as that.

I'm just saying... it seems unfair to not even attempt to allow u-18's to participate. And seeing as i wasn't even trying to start anything, i was just addressing what a lot of teenages would think was unfair... you're acting pretty immature, another stereotype of u-18's(however in most cases you're right). I could care less about your rule cause in two days i'll be 18.

edit-and now i remember, you were one of the ones i emailed about ecx

This has already been explained in full, and in fact, I think I am acting maturely.

I don't care about stereotypes.

I just don't want anyone under 18 with us without a parent. I don't want to be subject to legal action when the ultra-dangerous shackles break on that truck on your website.

Well, I'll lay down the law simply because I can. Immature? You turn 18, have a minor get hurt while out with you, get sued by their parents, screw your life, then come back and complain about the rules. No signed waiver will work, it doesn't work like it does in school when you go on a field trip.

Yes, laws and liability can suck, but that's life.

And yes, we do attempt to let minors participate. We will let you come if your parent or legal guardian come with you. That's better than nothing.

And all attendees (even over 18) have to sign waivers to be included in the group. You agree to all this by joining the club (it's in the rules).

ya whatever, i understand about the liability thing, it still sucks, but y'all don't have be such @ssholes about it. If y'all are what this club is all about I don't want to be any part of it. And likewise i'm sure you don't want me to be a part of it.

Great.

Good luck in your future endeavours.

Dude, how were they being "@ssholes"? I thought they kind of explained it rather fairly and told you pretty straight whats goin on. I think that these guys are pretty knowledgable when it comes down to all that stuff.

Oh yeah, Jason I'm kinda interested in going, don't know if I'd be able to go yet but it's a possibility, just need to get my step-dad to go. Sounds like a pretty cool place to go. Let's get up sometime and maybe do some muddin or something like that around here. I told Randal he needs to ride in a real vehicle when it comes to that stuff and he is also said some stuff about Uwharrie. Let me know dude.

JOhn

Originally posted by 93XLT105tr
If y'all are what this club is all about I don't want to be any part of it. And likewise i'm sure you don't want me to be a part of it.
Whatever makes you happy. I hadn't intended to come across as an ******* and apologize that I did, but you do what you think is best for you. And no, it's not that I don't want you in the club, I just don't want your attitude towards things in the club. People change over time, along with their attitudes about things. If that ever happens, you're welcome to shoot me an email.

In a couple of hours you will be 18. Think about how you can now get sued, go to jail, etc. for all kinds of stupid crap. Stuff that you never had to worry about before. It sucks. Maybe then you will better understand our point of view. The rules may make it harder for minors to wheel with us, but it makes it a lot easier on the rest of the group.

Originally posted by yob_yeknom
In a couple of hours you will be 18. Think about how you can now get sued, go to jail, etc. for all kinds of stupid crap. Stuff that you never had to worry about before.

Speaking as someone who will be 18 in a few months, that's so scary to sit there and really think about it :eek:

Bump

jason if its to not far of a drive for me i wouldnt mind wheelin with ya... i have seen you on the board and you seen to know your stuff id like to meet up with some more Xer's from the board.... ill be the guy that pulls everyone out:D some if you wouldnt mind a PAer.... i think my rig is trail ready:D

I would be honored to have you come down and wheel with us. There will hopefully be some rigs that are on par with yours so you won't feel totally alienated.

:chug:

cool... thatll probley be my second time out with the SAS so i dont mind even if we dont do anything to hard... its cool i just like going for the ride and meeting new people.... but if there is harder stuff im not afraid to try :D

ok.. i'm in for sure. my plans to go to tellico and ride along aren't looking good so i'm making plans for this instead. hope enough folks can make it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heck yeah!

Nov. 29-30 it is then.

Back