Uwahrrie, NC Run - November 29-30 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwahrrie, NC Run - November 29-30

Originally posted by diablo5969
That's what I'm hoping. But we've been butting heads a lot recently, so I don't exactly know how it's going to turn out. And I also have to ask for something big today, so I don't know. Hopefully it will all be good.

good luck with it all!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who's going?

Hey, how many trucks are attending? How organized is this going to be? Are you guys camping there or what? I might be interested.

i doubt there will be a huge attendance.. but it will be fairly organized.
i plan to camp friday night somewhere. i'm too cheap to get a room somewhere so i'll sleep in my truck if i have to. i'll try to camp somewhere though. if we are riding sunday too.. i'll camp sat night as well.

i know the date says 6-7. i won't be leaving until around 4:00 that friday so i won't get there until after dark. anyone wanting to camp is welcome to join me.. assuming camping is allowed in the natl forest there.

might be possible... also, I will see if I can't scrounge up a few other local ploders.

Well, it appears I will be out.

I feel bad to back out, because this is the third time I've had to do this on a run. Luckily, and for that reason, I did not get myself too involved with the planning.

There is an infinitessimally small chance that I might be able to perform a miracle and come along. But I'm not even counting on it.

Sorry about that.

I hope everyone has fun! And I want to see pictures when you all are done! :)

A later date is good for me. It will give me more time to save to get my truck prepared to wheel again. I won't be wheeling anymore until that happens.

Hey guys, I just got my X a month or so ago and I'm looking to test out the offroading capabilities of my truck. It's a mechanically stock 1995 EB with a fresh tranny (just over 1400 miles on the tranny) and the larger EB wheels (dunno actual measurements; can anyone clue me in? I know they're larger than the normal X 4x4 wheels/tires)

Would this run be a good thing for me? Would I be looking at severe body damage?

From what I've heard, Uwharrie would be a great place for testing out your Ex. I haven't actually had a chance to get up there yet, but I think it's just the right level for testing an Ex's limits.

No severe body damage or anything to that extent.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone decide on a new date yet?

I just went to the website and it looks like a winner to me :)

I'm available for pretty much any date. I have a friend with an old Isuzu Trooper. Would he be welcomed or pelted with rotten vegetables? :)

chase.. its now the weekend of the 7th. maybe a moderator could change the dates in the topic?
gonna make it now?

i'm still in for sure 100% unless my truck blows up!

trying to pull together funds to throw some bigger meats under by then too.. but that's looking kinda slim now.

Originally posted by AdamsGuitar
I just went to the website and it looks like a winner to me :)

I'm available for pretty much any date. I have a friend with an old Isuzu Trooper. Would he be welcomed or pelted with rotten vegetables? :)

well i don't guess he would be pelted with rotten vegetables if he showed up. i don't plan on bringing any of those with me. not sure about others though. :rolleyes:

and as far as taking a bone stock through.. i'll let Jason_25 reply to that. he's been there before. from what i can tell... your running boards or rockers will get aquainted with the rocks pretty good, but that's about it.

I don't have running boards, so I don't have that to worry about. I think it should be OK though. I don't really want to replace these tires though, as they're almost brand new (at least 75% tread left).

Adam you're welcome to come, but except some minor body damage if you wanna have any fun out there.

I haven't set a final date for this trip, because I am still negotiating with work
:rolleyes:

But I'll let you all know soon.

Minor is OK. I basically just don't want SEVERE stuff. A little minor body damage never hurt anybody :)

still no dates yet? would it be worth it to come? or would i be wasting my time?stuff challenging for 36's and locked up?

December 7th. Now that's pushing into final exams.

If it was pushed back to the 14th I'd have better chances. But I don't know for sure

Originally posted by 94EBexplorer
still no dates yet? would it be worth it to come? or would i be wasting my time?stuff challenging for 36's and locked up?
Except for one trail, you'd be wasting your time. I did all the trails but that one with open diffs and 31's.

as far as dates.. i don't care what date.. as long as it isn't turkey day weekend or later than the 21st of dec. the 7th or the 14th is fine.
post when a final date is set please. i'm ready to get back on the trail so i can have a reason to do some mods. :D

jason.. are you able to get off work for the 7th weekend?
is this still the date that we all plan on going?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't been able to get in touch with Jason (I'm trying to join ECX) so I don't know.

I am going up to Uwharrie with a friend this weekend, so anyone else is welcome to join us if you want.

Back