Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11

Hey, Don't make fun of Midnight. It's not nice to poke fun at the deceased explorers!

I heard from a little bird that the Ranger's big problem with the deuce and a halfs is that they are totally illegal. Unregistered, uninsured, etc. A bunch of guys with deuces have been setting up meth labs and stuff out in the park near 1/4 mile trail and Jemima Mt. Its the poeple who are doing stupid stuff that is getting us all in trouble.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aw nuts, wish I could make it. I've still got 2 more trucks to kill! The green one's on blocks and will be for a while and the black one is lucky it makes it over a speed hump without the transmission flaring.

haha if you can get down here im sure someone will let you hop in and x3 on the cleanup

I seat 5, and I'm only a party of 3 so that leaves 2 seats for anyone who doesn't want to drive their own truck/doesn't have a truck to drive.

Room for three here!

working on getting my shift @ work covered that day...

confirmation pending...

Hey, Don't make fun of Midnight. It's not nice to poke fun at the deceased explorers!

I heard from a little bird that the Ranger's big problem with the deuce and a halfs is that they are totally illegal. Unregistered, uninsured, etc. A bunch of guys with deuces have been setting up meth labs and stuff out in the park near 1/4 mile trail and Jemima Mt. Its the poeple who are doing stupid stuff that is getting us all in trouble.

Meth labs? what kind of crazy park are we going to? :D

for the record, my friends deuce is plated and street legal, but with as many people going on this trip as there is, and since this is an "easy" trail ride, I agree that everything will be fine.... Unless I break my other radius arm this time

Also, off record, I've got a friend with a stock 00 XLT V8 coming, but I'm making him sign up in this thread

Did I get everyone on the list? If I missed your name post up and I will add it. I really think that it would be a great idea if this turned into a clean up run. Could really help out the image of responsible 4 wheelers.

Dan

I'm still considering it. It will have to be a spur of the moment type thing for me. Not sure I'm feeling Wharton. Trails are tight and there are too many water crossings you cannot avoid.

Are ya feelin nebraska. Wide open corn fields and no water!! sorry the corn stalks might scratch your paint. you might be better off in your garage. but watch out for the rakes hangin on the walls.:p:

I wasn't saying your buddy's deuce was the culprit, just pointing out the guys the rangers are after.

The trails aren't too bad... a little branchy, some water, but nothing that a stock truck would have to worry about. A lifted truck would have to worry even less, unless your like 2' taller than normal...then you'd need to worry about hitting stuff like traffic lights on your way to Wharton and of course the trees on the trails...etc. ;)

I wouldn't worry about the water crossings too much. Explorers float pretty good, just ask Jay!

I've already hydrolocked back there once...Just ask Josh. He and Aaron helped me pull my plugs.

jay, I know we've all had our issues with Wharton in the past, but this last trip up there was pretty mild. The only deep water I drove thru was by choice and almost every obsticle had a bypass route. The only issue is the tree branches that occasionally leave their mark on the sides and roof!

There has been talk for as long as i've been around about the rangers and what their tryin to do. Speeking from experience, the rangers have been nothin but nice to us! (except for the questionable issue in Barnegat!:D)
The ranger couldnt thank us enuff for the last cleanup run we did, which brings up my concern. Whats the weather gonna be? A foot of snow might hamper our cleanup efforts!

Alright, I'm leaning towards coming, then. Just understand I'm gonna be a p*ssy about mud, water, etc. Way too much $ invested in lights and repairs since the last time I've been on the trails. I'm down to help with a cleanup.

I wouldn't worry about the water crossings too much. Explorers float pretty good, just ask Jay!

*grumblemumblegrumble*

other jay i have 2 words for you.... come on....

thats the spirit!!!!!

Hey Surreal, what kind of grease would you recommend for the CV joint on the front driveshaft to T-case?

I recommend the slippry kind

I guess well try to do our best to get what we can. and in the spring we could devote a couple of days down there, even maybee camp at the camp ground by the ranger station. and do a real good clean up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i was out there today and 2 wheel it all i also stay on easy trails one more thing the (rangers) are not call rangers no more they are state park ploice they have been call that for like 4 years not a good idea to call them rangers it will piss them off

Back