Return From Moab 2005 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return From Moab 2005

Got home a few hours ago, still tying to upload pics. I had a great time again and was shocked every time my X made it over an obstacle that I thought I had no chance of making. Being the only "super stocker" amongst a group of modified and big dawgs I didn't want to be left out on all the fun, so I joined them! I actually made it all the way through Golden Spike only having to be strapped twice (both times to prevent body damage) and had rocks stacked twice. I scrapped and banged my way through the rest of the trail (including Golden Crack) with only minor difficulty and a bent front bumper. On Metal Masher I had zero issues, though I did take the bypass on widowmaker.
Gerald, Jefe, Brother of Jefe, 410 and everyone else that couldn't make it, we missed you, but still had fun without you!

Here's the Pics:Moab '05 Pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wondering Mike, what size tires are you running? What lift?

You did a nice job, considering you were "riding with the bid dawgs". ;) :thumbsup:

Here's my pictures...
16785DWD.jpg

Here's a shot of my rig and DWD's on Hells revenge
16785JTX.jpg

My rig on Hells Revenge!
16785GROUP_SHOT.jpg

Group shot before Golden Spike
16785RICK2.jpg

Rick's rig
16785RYAN_AND_ME.jpg

Mine and Ryans Explorers
16785MARSHALL.jpg

Marshall on Golden Spike
16785MIKE.jpg

Mike on golden spike! Mikes Explorer takes a lickin but keeps on tickin! Mad props to Mike, he took that thing EVERYWHERE!
16785TOM.jpg

Clean up of Toms roll
16785OUCH.jpg

Tom's broken output shaft on Golden Spike
16785RICK.jpg

Rick on Metal Masher.
16785JOSH.jpg

Josh found a nice little hole for his tire on Metal Masher
16785JOSH2.jpg

Josh again on Metal Masher
16785DWD_SCARED.jpg

Here's another shot of DWD taking a little smoke break
16785MARSHALL_BAJA.jpg

Marshall Hauling ass with 1 wheel drive!

16785TOM.jpg
\

Kind of a funny freeze of motion going on here...

thats widow maker silly not metal masher :)
Metal masher is the narrow canyon you have to fold your mirrors in for, widowmaker is the obstacle pictured.

This gives you guys who have never been to Moab an opportunity to see how much traction there is, and how capable a semi stock Explorer is, so you can only imagine what a built one can do....

thanks for thinking of us, I will make it next year for sure! I figure I can take a year off and finish up some of my major projects (roll protection, rust repair, suspension tuning)

410Fortune said:
thats widow maker silly not metal masher :)
Metal masher is the narrow canyon you have to fold your mirrors in for, widowmaker is the obstacle pictured.

You're slipping today Jamie;) Metal Masher is the trail. Widow Maker is an obstacle and Mirror Gulch is the spot you fold your mirrors in for, it's on the Metal Masher trail. The shot JTX took of me is on the un-named obstacle that is a single hump as steep as Widow Maker.

seee I miss a year I forget. :) they all blend together.....I will just shut up and leave it to the experts :)

Rick said:
Partial list of carnage...
....Josh - Josh layed his truck over ever so gently climbing Hells Gate in the RAIN....

Hells Gate in the rain? :eek: THAT is absolutely insane.....

just got back a while ago, and man that was a blast!!!
I had a great time wheelin with you guys and to see all your rigs and putting faces to names help alot
Jared is still messing with his camera stuff, switching the format over so we can get the pictures up so everyone can see!
I am totally impressed with Moab, and I am definatley going to make it an anual if not more event!

oh, and thanks to all for the ideas that I am now going to put into action. seeing all you guys sliders and bumpers really helped out so now I know what I'm going to do. Joey- I think I'm going to take your idea for the tube doors. Great design!!

Thanks for everything!

It looks like you guys had an awesome time. Those are some amazing pics... it always shocks me how senic everything out there is... your views are amazing and you must have decently clean/dry air, because you can see off into the distance forever.

It looks like everyone had a blast! :chug:

OT: Rick, what focal length lens(es) were you using? I'm guessing the 30-100 range?

The first 12 shot were with a 80-200mm zoom. The rest were with my 24-85mm lens.

really gotta get the video's up! specially of that widow maker part!

ThirteenthCurve said:
really gotta get the video's up! specially of that widow maker part!

Rock Chucker was even better since we didn't need the strap there :D

i have Marshalls music video done. I just cant get the damn thing small enough. It was almost a gig. 1gb to 50mb =Looks like crap!

well we made it home after a long but smooth ride, got in at 645 went to the movies with the family at 715 just got back

GREAT TIME
more to come!

bmxking5 said:
Just wondering Mike, what size tires are you running? What lift?

You did a nice job, considering you were "riding with the bid dawgs". ;) :thumbsup:

I'm running 31" BFG Mud Terrains with coil spacers, shackles, sagged springs and shot shocks!

Link to Friday's run added to my post at top of page!

Here it is, Marshalls new music video! He let me ride with him the last day so i decided i would return the favor and make him a video! click click BOOM!

Good job on the video, but you should have included that snapshot of the broken U-joint and at least have a little of the REAL click click in there :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah i wanted to but couldnt find a pic. If i find one ill add that to the post with the link.

Back