T+M Doubler install discussion | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

T+M Doubler install discussion

Sarge_AF said:
OK, I'll be the guniea pig, if someone is willing to sell their doubler. My A4LD just grenaded, and I'm thinking about a C5/doubler combo, to save me from new drive shafts. It would probably save me from regearing, too.

Anyone want to osell, if so, let me know how much.

have you contacted T&M they were selling the spare/warranty doubler they had made from this last batch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not yet, I thought they wre no longer producing them. I read over at RRORC that you guys were my best bet.

Tom sold that doubler and he is no longer building any more. There are some others starting to produce them on the RRORC. Grem's looks pretty rad. Look in the homegrown RRORC page.

May be selling my Doubler

All,

I'm thinking about selling mine. Brand new, still in the box - complete with all the popcorn packing. Any interest?

Bought a 72 Bronco to wheel, so I'm no longer building up the X. Maybe I should see if I can put the T&M in the Bronco behind, or in front of the stock D20??? :confused:

(Truthfully, I wish could build both trucks, but since I'm no Stacey David, or Ian from Xtreme, I just don't think the pregnant wife would understand... not to mention it'd be pretty impossible without a show-backed, sponsored bankroll.)

Please send me a PM if anyone is seriously interested in my T&M Doubler.

Thanks!

now that I have 97XEB's doubler... has anybody actually installed one of these things or will I be the first.... :D

First on this board? Possibly...RangerX bought one some time back but don't know if it's in or not. Last I heard T&M wasn't making them anymore but there are a couple companies making kits out there. RockRanger bought one of these kits and has it installed, seems to work very well from what i've seen.

yea I saw that... but I dont have THAT kit... I have this one...:D

just wanna see if anybody from the original 5 actually installed it...

I think you'll be the first!

Flame away.... lemme have it..... :D

I got bored today and threw together a redneck fab push/pull type shifter.... the first version worked but the handle would moved back and forth as the arm moved..... so I used a design something like an engine's bottom end....

handle = piston
bracket = connectiing rod
shift arm = crank

as the shift arm rotates the bracket allows for the curve while keeping the handle verticle... works great.... the hole in the floor will keep it nice and secure...

it's got about 3" travel from lock to lock..... the handle bottms out on the upper guide arm and locks out 2wd.... everything was made out of 1/4" plate (scrap that I had laying around) except for the brace... it was an old YJ trans mount spacer or something....:smokin:

I figure I'll hafta bend the handle to get it in the right spot next to the console, but that shouldnt be a big deal...

100_0683.jpg

100_0682.jpg

100_0681.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0679.jpg

100_0678.jpg

(offtopic)

Is that the miller big window elite? Hows it treatin you? ive been lookin/drooling at one for a while now and am curious if its worth the plunge.

(offtopic)

Is that the miller big window elite? Hows it treatin you? ive been lookin/drooling at one for a while now and am curious if its worth the plunge.

I'd give up my first born before that hood.... :D

I love it and got a helluva deal on Ebay...

Back