New Explorer Concept revealed | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer Concept revealed

I'm gone... I'd cut you off in traffic every time I saw you :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats cool....I'd just run that puppy right into ya :)

Under... that things flat as a quarter... you'd pass right under Red :( Poor Ex, what have they done?

Needs a chrome grill, and someone please photoshop some Manliness into it, this ex needs HELP!!!

Needs suicide doors, but I'd drive it too.

reminds me of a honda element...

im glad its just a concept

i dont think they'd keep the explorer name on that
they would give it another ghey name and call it a crossover

are station wagons and vans coming back in style or something?

I'd run it...

ConceptXLifted.jpg

Wilma, Fred, Barney, Betty... oh, Bam Bam and Pebbles... uggums!

I'd run it...

ConceptXLifted.jpg

With a safari style roof rack with some Daylighters on it, and CB antennas it might be ok.

But Fords Concept
exfail.jpg

looks to me like the ford guys have stolen there ideas from the land-rover guys here in the uk before they sold up and left,because that looks like a freelander crossed with a discovery,and a little range-rover sport thrown in for good measure.

Ford does own Land Rover

looks to me like the ford guys have stolen there ideas from the land-rover guys here in the uk before they sold up and left,because that looks like a freelander crossed with a discovery,and a little range-rover sport thrown in for good measure.

I think it looks like a worthless piece of worthlessness with some worthless on top.

You know i sort of like it. It looks way better than a Ford Edge. Sucks that the explorer is going to die, but no one lives forever. Hey i tell you what if they go forward with this i am going for a test drive. It may be a sissy unibody but i would be happy with awd. As long as it has a 5 or 6 speed trans i would be good. (5 speed = 5 forward gears, 6 speed = 6 forward gears) I don't like 4 speeds, my current ex has the 5 speed and it shifts really smooth.

How about a Bronco then?

Yeah, the new Ex blows ass... it's basically just a renamed Escape (which is already an abomination to the Ford "truck" line, as with all corssovers). Unibody and FWD "trucks" are a joke... you really have to be clueless about cars to drive one. Soccer mom cruisers, that's all they are. :mad:

I'm keeping my 2nd gen Ex forever - I'll just swap drivetrains for newer ones in it over the years as it becomes necessary due to major break downs, lol. Maybe even put an electric conversion kit in it at some point and turn it into a 4x4 EV, thus really sticking it to the oil companies and Ford.

So many possibilities with that framed RWD! Gotta love it... ;)

Attachments

• Ford-Bronco-Concept.jpg
    Ford-Bronco-Concept.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 367

Not any more-
Jaguar and Land rover sold to TA TA for 2.3 Bagillion $$

Oh, did't know that, when did they sell it?

I think the bronco concept is so far from actually being sold that its not worth dreaming about.

Oh, did't know that, when did they sell it?

I think the bronco concept is so far from actually being sold that its not worth dreaming about.

they sold earlier in year mate,i get great joy telling people floating around in there xk's that they are now driving a tata lol,hopefully they will keep the land-rover lines running,as at least they make a profit,it the jaguar plant that looses millions every year,but then they do have a workforce that actually thinks it still builds real cars,when in reality they have drifted back to british leyland build quality.

Unibody isnt that bad of a plan Look at the Jeep Grand cherokee, and as for IFS and IRS lets not forget the H1. Unibody does mean No half shafts throught the frame. Superlift and explorer procomp wont let the explorer die. And as for "the end of the explorer" isnt that why WE are here. Its home mechanic that will keep the explorer alive. We will have a bad ass explorer if we make it one. It is on our shoulders with the next explorer. The lifted (photoshoped) X is bad ass. Lets make one! Somebody get me a 4th Gen and we will kill all comers. Im thinking lifted on 35-37's Air lockers front and rear and the ability to articulate like only a Hummer has in the past on a smaller body!!! Jeep what Jeep.:salute:

Unibody isnt that bad of a plan Look at the Jeep Grand cherokee, and as for IFS and IRS lets not forget the H1. Unibody does mean No half shafts throught the frame. Superlift and explorer procomp wont let the explorer die. And as for "the end of the explorer" isnt that why WE are here. Its home mechanic that will keep the explorer alive. We will have a bad ass explorer if we make it one. It is on our shoulders with the next explorer. The lifted (photoshoped) X is bad ass. Lets make one! Somebody get me a 4th Gen and we will kill all comers. Im thinking lifted on 35-37's Air lockers front and rear and the ability to articulate like only a Hummer has in the past on a smaller body!!! Jeep what Jeep.:salute:

The H1, seriously? That thing has about as much flex as a taurus. While IRS and IFS are probably the future that's a pretty bad example

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So shoot me have you seen what a modded H1 can do. 4 wheel independent flex. That is the way of the future in off road. How about the Landcrusier. Either way I doubt that Ford would do another IRS they cost so much. But even if they do it would be left over parts from the 3rd gen however NO half shafts through the frame.

Back