3rd generation Bumper registry | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd generation Bumper registry

All good things come to those who wait
Scotty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks! :) I'm outside now working on the thing...

Any updates on this? looks very promising - a bit baja style!

The oem bumper has been cut by me :( The bottom half is off, leaving only the pad and the two end caps. Monday morning the tube bumper will be welded on (if no more jjjjeeeppps show up :)

Bumper is on, but there is much work to do...

A couple angles... I did the trailer wire myself :rolleyes:

The oem bumper has to be painted and sanded - a few days more.

Attachments

• IMGA0644.JPG
    IMGA0644.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 935
  • IMGA0648.JPG
    IMGA0648.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 939
  • IMGA0649.JPG
    IMGA0649.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 940

Just in case...

In case the tire cable snaps, this will be wrapped through the rim, frame and body:

Attachments

• IMGA0657.JPG
    IMGA0657.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 941

Yeah, Lets see all the angles man, get that skin put back on too. :D
It's growing on me, gotta see it finished though.

Ben

I'll have someone else take pics too... I was eating chocodiles

I'll have someone else take pics too... (I have a cane, two hand/wrist braces and a camera. Some days, things don't work out too well :) I'll see if I can do it. Gimme a sec...

We'll be patiently waiting... ;)

I'll move the vehicle out of the garage jams and in to the open area in just a minute. If you see a pic of the sky, call for help :)

I'll move the vehicle out of the garage jams and in to the open area in just a minute. If you see a pic of the sky, call for help :)

What if we never hear from you again? Where would we send help?

Which way did he go?

Done for the night... going to sand and primer the 1/2 bumper, and post it all tomoro.

it'll be assembled today, and i'll have jr take pics. i'm still waiting for fender flares tomoro, and the rooftop back up light bar to be added, and i'm adding lighting to the bumper... that's why they're cropped, i want it all done at the same time. but the bumper will be completed today.

Fender Flares?? Did you order stock replacements? or did you find something different that will actually work?

stock is out... if the ones i ordered don't work out, then the holes will remain. but this is supposed to be a good set... we'll see. (i'll be back later)

pics...

this is taking more effort than i thought... i'm going to need plates under the lamps, that plastic has to go. the KCs will sit just in front of the bumper pad... i found a flaw in the bracket - one is an inch longer...:mad:

Attachments

• IMGA0671.JPG
    IMGA0671.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 884
  • IMGA0675.JPG
    IMGA0675.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 883
  • IMGA0679.JPG
    IMGA0679.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 888

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking good Donner, I really think you're gonna pull that off nicely...

Ben

Back