Truck Stranded--oil leaks bad | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Stranded--oil leaks bad

Wind suxs yepyep wind suxs! House work BWAAAHHHHAAAAA!!! :D

It was the qiutest ride home lastnight Joshua was so po'ed. We could have drove it home.:mad: I smacked him and it was all better!:rolleyes:

It was all shouts and jumpping for joy though, until it didn't shift!! I bout **** right then.:p: Don't think I could have took changing out a trans this time of year. Even tho we were lucky to have pretty good weather to work on it so far. except for the dang freezing wind.

Thanks again for all the help you all have gave jon and my humble self dering this overhaul. And it still looks unmolested. except for the white intake and thermostat tube.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This truck now on Engine #3

It is running fine now. We adjusted the idle, Mark stuck the 92 ECM back in and it runs like new.

Done--Ship it!!

glad to hear it

That is good news, I'm glad it all finally got worked out. Now to the important question, who one the worlds slowest drag race:D

Dangit I knew we forgot something.
Mark is now on his maiden highway voyage home. We'll see if it does alright.

That is good news, I'm glad it all finally got worked out. Now to the important question, who one the worlds slowest drag race:D

You can do a reenactment, pull two plug wires from your trucks and see how it would have went. :p:

The drag race may just happen!!:p:Some daylol! Thanks again for the help guys! She runs real well so far!! Jon:salute:

We washed the truck this evening,and she looks so much better. Joshua had a big grin on his face this afternoon.

Now jon And I need to get some pic's some where besides his drive way!!!

The drag race may just happen!!:p:Some daylol! Thanks again for the help guys! She runs real well so far!! Jon:salute:

We washed the truck this evening,and she looks so much better. Joshua had a big grin on his face this afternoon.

Now jon And I need to get some pic's some where besides his drive way!!!

Ok, that was a slam right there-:p::D

What????????????

I just got PUNKED!!!!!

Yes, normal pictures. Good work guys,

CARNAGE!!!

1-27-2010004.jpg

Look a little closer

1-27-2010006.jpg

1-27-2010005.jpg

that is #1

Here is #4
Looks to me like a plug electrode hit here--
1-27-2010007.jpg

Oh well, it is on the way to the junk yard now.

Here is the new, 3rd engine. 96 long block with 92 upper and electrics

1-27-2010003.jpg

so what caused that to happen?

if all 3 of those injectors were dead why did only #1 get damaged? if there was zero gas then theres no detonation. so if none of them are firing at all no damage should be incurred right?

so why would the #1 plug get all messed up like that and how did that piston get such a big chunk taken out of it?

im curious how this all went down. when you started the trip with bhe truck was it running on all 6 cyls? and then 3 injectors failed, then the #1 plug fails and destroys a piston and then your oil blows out bc of the insane blow by and the engine is ruined.

is that how it went down?

I am also curious as to the sequence of this. Things rarely happen all on their own. There is almost always an "event cascade". This minor thing happened, which effected this, which effected this, which caused this to fail, which brought down the plane.....

Back