Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon | Page 72 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon

As she sits now,
017.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

But it didn't start out like this.

We returned from our trip to Colorado Sept 2009 to find this waiting in the yard.

It needs a few little sumthuns--but it is a great start I do think.
Here is where we begin to take over the work started by trukmajik and dejello

94explorer001.jpg

94explorer003.jpg

94explorer002.jpg

94explorer004.jpg

94explorer007.jpg

94explorer006.jpg

94explorer005.jpg

9-11-2009092.jpg

9-11-2009090.jpg

updated pics ^^^^^how it was when I got it

Now here is how it looks as of 4-1-2010

got the wheels all shiny!

truck002.jpg

frostbite001.jpg

truck001.jpg

truck006.jpg

truck005.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck003.jpg

and as of 8-5-2010

IMG_1105.jpg

with swaybar^^^

without sway bar

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

revised shock towers and more flex-Big thanks to Dkchrist for coming over to weld em in. I owe him big time!!

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

With a top

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

LED rock lights

IMG_1925.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

LOOKING GOOD!!:thumbsup:
I hope my fender flares look that good when I get around to putting them on. I got the flexie kind with a wire insert. Is that what you used or something else?
Winch looks great:thumbsup:

Later...........GB

Yup, pacer brand floppy thingys with wire for support. I started out drilling holes, but found it easier to hold them in place, then just drive the screw home.

Lookin good Jon. They'd look even better in Utah.;)

On a cooler note-:cool:

The shraeder valve in the r134 fill valve was leaking a bit. It seemed to be pushing downward on the smaller, inner valve which made me think to myself "self, ya know what? maybe that inner valve isn't seated in all the way"

So, i loosened and re seated the inner valve, re installed the r134 dealio and the slow leak stopped. Put about 3/4 can of r134 in and now were in the blue while compressing again, and the clutch stays on without cycling on and off when ac max is selected. She blows ice cold air again.

You might think it doesn't make a diff--but I assure you on hot days it will still be a refreshing breeze with the front half top being used most of the time.

Funny Jon, I remember that feeling. Try rolling a front window down and turn the AC on. It helps a little. Now I drive a GM POS that has no AC, or radio. :p:

Those tie down point's should come in handy and watch out for the scorpion's sting when you're rocking and a rolling mate! Looking good!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lookin' good Jon. Did the rack fit right on like we thought, or did you have to play with it and re-drill the holes?

Looks good. I need to do that. My 40" spare takes up all the cargo area!

Lookin' good Jon. Did the rack fit right on like we thought, or did you have to play with it and re-drill the holes?

I had to play with it and drill holes, after which I noticed set screws for adjusting the cross bars to align the holes. Dohp.

The4 roll bar clamp support did need re drilling though.

In my quest to improve fuel economy I decided to ditch the rockauto 02 sensors and go with real ford sensors-

Found these for 28.00 each on ebay

028-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

I also wanted to replace the intake gaskets and well, since I can't help myself I installed a set of purple valve covers, and a pearl white upper intake
008-1.jpg

010.jpg

009-2.jpg

035.jpg

034-1.jpg

It also got a new IAT sensor, ECT sensor and new spark plug wires.

After putting it back together and running engine I checked the fuel pressure-
28 psi at idle, when I actuate the throttle it rises to 35 but does not hold it and immediately drops to about 30 psi according to my redneck air pressure gauge test.
Since I need to replace the sender anyway a new pump is in order. however, I need to also find new internal circle spring clips for inside the fuel line connection-there is a place that sells them but I cannot remember who. If someone can post a link for me I would

appreciate it.

edit
I think I found em
dorman part 800-017

1176076_2584913_290.jpg

I also got a motorcraft pfs29 for 75.00 just now on ebay.

Very nice, how did the old "match stick" sensor look? That's wise to replace those sensors, they do degrade over time.

Looks good Jon.

I just ordered some 02 sensors from Rock Auto but I went with the Motorcraft ones also. They were around $37 each. Looks like you found a good price on them.

Very nice, how did the old "match stick" sensor look? That's wise to replace those sensors, they do degrade over time.
Don I had used motorcraft from rockauto sensors earlier, so I wanted to try "good " ones. Evrry once in a while while driving very slowly the truck would display a CEL which would quickly go back out. after scanning the ecm It flashed 111, however I found stored 172 and 176.

Looks good Jon.

I just ordered some 02 sensors from Rock Auto but I went with the Motorcraft ones also. They were around $37 each. Looks like you found a good price on them.

The motorcraft sensors I got from rock auto were not like these-I hope you have better luck. The RA ones came in a box --had a green connetor end and were not stamped on the body. :dunno:

my old parts cleaned up nicely :D

Yessir they did.

Very nice Jon, I paid near $120 from Ford for that.

Back