Blueka's "Pickle" Registry.... | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's "Pickle" Registry....

Since 2005 when I bought "Betty", my UK Explorer, I've wanted a sport...

well, now that I live in Canada, the chance has presented itself for me to get one...

This one.... it's a 99 sport, 4.0 SOHC... it's a total write off for the moment... but when I saw the advert on Kijiji I couldn't say no. It needed some love and I wanted a project to get stuck into, so I did my research and found out how much parts are gonna cost me etc etc.

So. I present.. Pickle.. (cos it's green and in a right mess)

Si
Explorer vin x.jpg
Explorer vin E 2.jpg
Explorer vin E.jpg
Explorer vin E 1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, you gotta love the UPS people and their "brokerage" fees... that's why I'm totally broke now...

So, I put the plastics back around the base of the windshield, fitted new wipers and then took her for a little spin in the alleyway....

So here's my first proper drive of Pickle... I am so pleased, drives really nice, pulls well and leaves a big smile on my face
th_08042011.jpg

Si

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I got an 8 day permit on it yesterday and took it for a spin on the road to iron out any niggles before the safeties...

Turns out the battery was bad, the alternator wasn't much better and the knocking noise... loose alternator pulley..

So, I swapped out the battery, tightened up the pulley and replaced the altnernator (thanks Celly for the advice)... so it's all smooth again....

I think I need to replace the brakes front and rear as there appears to be some dead spots on them.. so that's tomorrow's task

Si

:popcorn:

So, today, she passed her body integrity test. Now I've got to get her through her mechanical safety then she can be registered.

I came home, booked her in with the safety shop and then came home, put the WAR153's on, did the TT and put my new rear lights on....

Then I decided to test fit the 35's... they rub a but up front, but nothing I can't sort out... oh and I went through the end of my finger with a wheel stud.. owwww!!

100820111679.jpg

100820111678.jpg

100820111681.jpg

100820111680.jpg

Si

Thanks Russ, the 35's are coming off for the safety, I've also got to figure out a way to get the arch corners not to catch on the wheels, one's already come off.

Si

Looks awesome! I couldn't imagine stuffing 35s under my ex, my next set will be 33s. Hope she passes through safety inspection with flying colors. Sounds like a pain to get a car on the road up there.

well, the 35's don't fit too well...

They foul the frame on full lock, so I've got to either get wheel spacers or swap them for some smaller rubber... maybe some 285 75 16's....

Si

I put her in for her safety yesterday... she passed... NOT A SINGLE FAULT!!!

So, today, I put on the new halo headlights and the bull bars.. I also got started on painting the new rear bumper that will be going on...

130820111692.jpg

130820111691.jpg

Si

well congrats so the next stop is plates and tags?

yup.. Well, I'm going down on Monday, hopefully I'll be able to register it.. However.. I'm totally broke, and until that changes I can't get plates or insurance.... :(

Si

Well, I opened the mail on Monday and I had a cheque from the Criminal Justice Board... it was a cheque for $107.... part ot the money I'm owed by the little turds that smashed up Pickle last year... just enough to put a month's insurance on my truck....

So.. I HAVE PLATES ON HER!!!

Been driving her around and now I'm painting the new back bumper to go on... with rear parking sensors....

Si

wow. what a transformation. youve done an amazing job. keep up the awesome work!

Well, Today, I had a few mins so I decided to fit my $60 roof basket and my $30 spotlights....

180820111697.jpg

And a big thanks to Russ (NICE59FORDF100) for helping me get the wiring right first try...

180820111698.jpg

Si

LOOKS GREAT SIMON!!! Glad i could help yea out!! Just remember to fuse and right size wire gauge for the current draw :p:

I bought one of those harnesses from Anime in the for sale thread, fused, relayed and pretty decent sized wires... I'm pretty pleased with the over all result and I can see in the dark!!

Si

hmmm Time to get them 35's on an clearing the Fenders and then Find some Dirt :D

Back